05

This was an encounter she didn't really expect to have.

A tall men had been walking alone towards the entry of the schoolway whilst F/n was on her way back home, although she had been stopped in the middle of her footracks once that certain voice called out to her in pure interest.

“Oh-ho? Is this the new producer in tow?” A sort of velvety-like voice expressed, smiling at the girl with a soft expression while she awkwardly stood there, back slightly hunched to try and hide her face with her fingers fiddling one another.

“...yes, hello.” She finally mustered out, staring at the boy with a tilted head, avoiding eye contact since his red eyes seemed to pierce right through her soul—which wasn't his plan at all, yet alas it couldn't be helped…

Unless he wore eye contacts, he thought to himself, but that would ruin his charm as this elderly vampire who has his audience swoon.

“Pardon me for interrupting your way back from home. I simply wanted to know if you were the other producer and you met quite my expectations.” He chuckled, walking towards the girl who seemed to be stuck in place. The boy was trying his best to be gentle as he raised one hand up to his chest and bowed right in front of f/n, “It’s a pleasure to meet you, I am Sakuma Rei, from the unit Undead.”

The composer had to take a double take back, blinking rapidly and staying silent for a few seconds until realization dawned on her that she had to introduced herself back– “A-ah um… I'm L/n F/n–”

“Yes, i do know that.”
“...what.”

Rei stood up straight with a smile, quite amused at the flustered yet surprised expression on her face.

Quite, she was indeed shy like the twins had informed him.

“I apologize for the sudden… startling news. You see… i happen to know quite a lot at Yumenosaki Academy, and i do love to know about the people in advance.” He chuckled, cupping his chin with two fingers while eyeing the girl who still stood dumbfounded–even a little confused, from what he could deduct anyways.

“That's… that's nice.” She finally answered in a hushed tone, rubbing her arm while awkwardly looking away. The conversation has been stale after those few seconds since… Rei knew her name and there wasn't much else to say when you get suddenly called out in the middle of a walk.

The ravenet observed her personality, noting the subtle cues in her body language– it wasn't too hard to figure out that she had been a little isolated from the outside world, thus why she seemed so tense with conversations. In spite of that, it was quite endearing to see her tiny yet stiff smile, it fit well with her personality.

“...um, question..?” F/n interrupted his train of thoughts, tilting her head in the process. “I heard there was going to be a live show..? From Akehoshi.” She started, curiously glancing at the tall man who only seemed to smile back down at her with a patient yet intrigued gaze. When she didn't finish her sentence, Rei quietly laughed and nodded.

“Yes–it is specifically a S1… but you must not have heard about it, yes?”

She wouldn't be looking like a damn lost child if she did, that's for sure.

Rei nudged his head to the side, amused at the wide, cat-like expression and chuckled under his breath, “Come, let us talk about the live system in the light music club.”

The system of this… DreamFes was certainly something.

F/n had to rub her temple, overwhelmed with this newfound information as Rei sat on his chair with a little smile, eyeing the composer who seemed so lost with the curriculum of the idol course.

With what he can tell, he'd assume that the girl was questioning why this system was even implemented to begin with—which only made him chuckle internally. He wouldn't want to dwell on the past for too long.

“So… is it happening tonight? Or um.. tomorrow?” F/n finally spoke up, rubbing her under eye while staring at the male who hummed in return,

“the latter.” he chirped, “but you musn't feel forced to attend the concert— I believe the student council will stream it inside the classrooms too.” He informed, pushing a piece of hair behind his ears. The composer stood there with an even more open weariness yet kept calm about it, mentally debating over the option of skipping out on it.

But the way Subaru's tone sounded… how he seemed quite chipper and his words held an ominous tone... like something important was happening.

So, f/n could make an exception—just this once.

Fiddling with the sleeves of her uniform, she uttered; “It's quite alright… I'd… i'll see the liveshow.”

Rei raised both brows, a delighted smile crossing his features the moment those words were let out. A pleasing silence filled the light music room and suddenly that chipper smile turned into something more mischievous.

“My lady… would you be available right now for my unit to book a session?”

A quick blink quickly turns into multiple ones, her eyes a little wide in shock from the sudden request that he had blurted out.

It took a couple of seconds for the composer to finally respond, her face just a little curious as she nodded with an awkward yet soft smile. "Yeah... just for an hour or two."

"An hour will suffice."