07

The day of the S1 finally came, clashing with the time f/n usually tackles her online courses, the teacher didn't mind however and simply wished for the girl to enjoy her time at school and to enjoy the concert held by the idols.

Perhaps she would… if not for the lingering pain that struck her heart as she walked towards the front doors of the school, opening and closing her fist to keep herself calm as the chatter around the hallways overwhelmed her senses.

Her moment of internal debate was quickly cut off by a tight hug from the side, her form staggering a little as she tried to keep all her weight onto her foot while supporting the additional one that had their arms around her neck.

“O-oh… Ake–Subaru…” she softly exclaimed, awkwardly patting his arm as he tightened his grip around her and giggled. “N/n! You actually came! I thought today was your online class?” He questioned, propping his head away from her shoulder while the rest of trickstar arrived with some little huffs.

“...my teacher dismissed me.”
“Oi! Akehoshi, let go of her, she's practically going to fall!” Hokuto warned, grabbing the back of his collar to pull the orange head away with a sigh. The ravenet quickly apologized, f/n simply shaking her head to dismiss the worry.

“anzu, hi.” The composer slightly smiled, waving at the other girl who responded with a shy smile and a wave of her own. It still felt rather tense between the two girls, f/n didn't seem to notice it however. The brunette was probably overthinking something but the composer couldn't figure out what exactly.

“So, L/n, you're gonna watch us perform?” makoto questioned, a smile resembling a :3 emoticon, it made f/n question how it was possible…

But it was cute.

“Hm-mh… Akehoshi seemed enthusiastic, so I decided not to skip out on it.”

“Eh?! You were gonna skip this live show?! But whyyyy, composerrr!” Subaru whined, latching onto the girl once more with a tight grip and with a dramatic wail while rubbing his cheek against hers. It definitely made f/n's face flush as she tried to pull away— the sheer amount of strength had already taken her breath away and she wheezed her gratitude when Mao was next to pull the orange head away.

“Jeez… can't you see she's already feeling out of it? Let the composer rest, Subaru.” He chuckled, lightly patting his friends shoulders. He gave a thumbs up right afterwards, winking at f/n with his own :3 smile whilst she stood there with a bashful look.

… how do they even do those smiles, anyways?

“Right, right! sorry, sorry!”
“Anyways… it's very nice that you're willing to watch us, I hope we won't disappoint.” Hokuto expressed, sending his own smile to the girl who hummed, fiddling with the ends of her skirt with a stiff expression.

They surely won't… definitely.

“...Anzu was right, huh? The composer really seemed uncomfortable when we were talking about the live show..” The orange head expressed, walking alongside the group with a worried pout. His arms were crossed behind his head and he was staring up at the sky with a small frown.

“Yeah… it was no surprise when she said she wanted to skip out on it but… it really makes me wonder what her relationship is with Anzu.” Makoto chimed in, brows creased together in worry since he sensed that minor tension between both girls when they interacted for a millisecond. Hokuto seemed to be deep in thoughts—just like Mao was. He stared at the ground with a pondering look.

Before F/n came to Yumenosaki grounds, Anzu had been dragged into this school's problem practically hours after her transfer.

It had lit this spark in her heart, this once locked heart had been burst open with the idea of revolution and to bring justice to this unruly and unjustified system that the student council placed upon for these idols.

Yet it also brought a sense of dread to the poor brunette. She felt her body grow numb and cold at some point–just the thought of getting bullied again, the thought of being a target for others as she helped the rebels made her want to back down…

That wasn't an option, however.

Anzu realized that… that f/n certainly wouldn't want her to give up so easily. Even when the brunette was the one to drag the composer to their rebellion–to change the old ways of Kimisaki’s system, f/n still stuck with her… even when she had her own issues to deal with.

But that trust had broken down the moment Anzu left, didn't it? Anzu left as soon as she couldn't bear this treatment and she left the composer behind who had to deal with the aftermath.

From what she heard… f/n departed right after she did. the composer left with this profound emptiness that felt like an unbridgeable void, a heartbreaking betrayal lunged into her heart.

That's what Anzu gathered anyway. She truly didn't grasp the emotions the composer felt from her departure –and she was scared to know, she was terrified to know, hesitant even.

That's why Anzu pleaded with Sakuma and the others not to bring up the subject of this revolution, for she didn't want her old acquaintance to get subsequently dragged into this turmoil, sparing her from being inadvertently involved.

The brunette wanted to protect the composer—to shield f/n so she wouldn't have to feel like a saviour... so that she shouldn't have to feel obligated to be that god that everyone always made her out to be.