chapter 00

road to you , prologue .

japan , shibuya .

currently escaping .

in a desperate attempt to escape from korea , i found myself running relentlessly , panting as i
go . it was as if i was trying to leave the memories of that country behind .

earlier , i had managed to board a plane last minute and breathe a sigh of relief , believing that i had successfully evaded any pursuit . however , little did i know that they were determined to find me and catch up .

perhaps they saw something in my actions or knew something that compelled them to track my every move . the thought of being discovered and pulled back into the turmoil must have added an extra layer of fear and urgency to my situation .

as I step foot in shibuya , the vibrant screens captivate my attention . it felt both nostalgic and exciting to be back in my birthplace after being raised in korea due to my mother's illness . the bond with my siblings may have been physically separated , but family ties run deep.

my unique appearance , with long pink hair and piercings , adds a touch of individuality that sets me apart . and while time may have passed since i last saw them, it's unlikely that they will remember me.

the way you talk and carry yourself still bears similarities to the person they knew before . reuniting with loved ones after a prolonged absence can be a mix of emotions - anticipation , excitement , and perhaps even a hint of nervousness . but rest assured that the shared memories and experiences will serve as a strong foundation for reconnecting .

embracing this opportunity to reconnect with my siblings , i cherished the moments spent together as we rediscover each other's stories and create new ones . siblings often share an unbreakable bond that transcends time and distance—and who knows? my shared experiences might bring us even closer than before .

i was having a great time, revealing in the bustling sounds and laughter as i strolled along the vibrant streets of tokyo . however , my enjoyment was abruptly shattered when i heard the unmistakable sound of hurried footsteps approaching from behind .

to my astonishment , it was those same individuals who had been pursuing me back in korea . instant panic washed over me , and without hesitation , i sprang into action . determinedly, i weaved through the throngs of people , making every effort to escape their grasp .

as I continued my run along the streets , a sudden BEEP caught my attention . glancing to the side , I noticed an elegant and expensive-looking black car beside me , porsche . curiosity piqued , i turned my gaze towards the vehicle just as its window rolled down,  revealing a mysterious figure inside .

sporting a pink mullet and wearing a black mask to conceal their identity , this individual exuded an aura of intrigue . it was at that moment that i realised there was more to this encounter than met the eye . my mind raced with questions about who this person could be and what their intentions were . was it merely a chance encounter or something more significant ? the allure of the unknown hung in the air , leaving me intrigued and eager to uncover the truth behind this enigmatic presence .

" GET IN! " the man with a pink mullet shouted . he extended his arms to push the door open , and i quickly slipped into the car and closed the door . i didn't even know who he was. i'm literally just getting into a stranger's car.

is it safe in japan? is it normal in japan?

he drove way over the speed limit , heading to an unknown destination . besides, i just left korea without any luggage in case someone is tracking me . i looked at him . he appeared to be a just few years older than me . japanese people are known for being really nice , i suppose . they even let strangers into their car when they were in trouble .

i looked behind and realised there were a few black cars following us . i started to sweat , my palms growing cold .

" um... sir? can you go faster? " i asked in japanese, and he looked at me bluntly before smirking.

" sure. "

-- strangers to lovers

PLAYLIST . 

i wanna be yours , arctic monkeys

devil town , cavetown

nobody , mitski

rue , girl in red

still into you , paramore 

cheating is a crime , takuyan

i always cared , aldn