Chapter 14

I sat on the bed in the hospital again as a medical ninja finished patching up my wound. I have to admit, when they pulled the piece of wood out - I almost punched the guy. It's not like I wanted to, it was more out instinct that I reacted that way. Thankfully Jiraiya noticed and held my arms down, which when I think about it... No, nope. Not going to think about it.

"Lord Hokage."

Jiraiya, Kakashi and Guy all stand as this old man walks into the room. And let me tell you, he was old. I could smell the rosemary soap and talcum powder from here.

"You must be Aimi Hidaka."

I look up at him, Kit whose at him normal size again next to me as the medical ninja moved out the way. My eyes drifting to the tight bandage which was wrapped around my thigh.

"Yeah... Who are you?"

My tone was a little blunt as the old man sat in the chair opposite me, his weird ass hat casting a shadow on his worn face.

"Aimi... Speak to him with respect."

Kakashi warns from behind me, my eyes rolling as I sigh.

"I don't even know who the guy is?"

I mutter before the one in question chuckles.

"I am Hiruzen Sarutobi. I am the Third Hokage of this village."

I gaze at him before my eyes dart to Kit who looks just as confused as I am.

"And what is it you do exactly?"

"Aimi..."

Kakashi warns again and I turn around to look at him, standing at the end of the bed with his arms crossed as if I'm some kid whose getting told off by my teacher.

"Kakashi..."

I say in the same tone as him.

"You're quite a little fire cracker aren't you?"

"You could say that."

Jiraiya mutters and I fight the urge to flip him off.

"Let me just clear something up for everyone, because it seems people are forgetting about my past."

I glare at the masked ninja again, stretching my injured leg out a little as I turn to the Hokage.

"I apologize for my tone but I don't exactly know how much these three told you..."

I pause, gesturing to the idiots behind me.

"But Kit and I grew up away from the public, away from the rules and principles of the villages and lands. I only know what some things are because I've interacted with them. Seen them. I have never seen a Hokage so forgive me for not understanding how I should talk or act around you."

The room remains deadly silent for a few moments before Hiruzen chuckles.

"And you three were so concerned about her being bound to a fox spirit."

I freeze, my whole body tensing as Kit turns to growl at the three men. Angry that they told this complete stranger our secret. Why isn't he afraid of me if he knows what I am? He doesn't seem phased in the slightest, which is a new one for me.

"Don't be mad at them, they have a duty to report any potential dangers and threats to me. Do I look worried about you?"

The Hokage asks and I look at him nervously, my head tilting as I sigh.

"No..."

"Good. Now, tell me exactly what happened."

I raise an eyebrow at him as I nudge my fox to quit growling.