Chapter 18

This wasn't going to be good. The power all of these men possess is something I've never seen before. It was dark and unnatural, it made my skin crawl like it was toxic to everyone and everything that got too close.

I ducked while in thought as one of his henchman attacked, the Kunai whistling over my head, slicing a few stands of my hair before Kit dove directly onto them. I've never expected them to be so fast. I had to stay focused here. I sense movement as my eyes dart to my left side, my legs bending as I jumped upward, my body twisting in the air as rock fragments flew toward me. I dodged most of them but a couple managed to make contact, the rugged sharp edges slicing into my thighs and forearms before I breathe a ball of fire in their direction. As expected, the one using Earth Jutsu scattered, barely missing my flames as I landed a little heavily on the grass, my eyes narrowing as I scanned my surroundings, my hearing picking up on the drips of my blood that fell onto the grass.

"You are quick, little fox. But you should know, after I studied the two of you - I came up with something special. I think you'll like it."

Kabuto teased as I rolled my orange eyes, this guy was so cocky. He barely knows how my fox and I fight and yet he is so confident that he's come up with some way to take us out.

Kit snarls loudly, causing my attention to shift onto him as he fights three of the henchman at once. Throwing them around like rag dolls as they let out painful cries. He was handling himself just fine, I just needed to focus on the one in front of me and then I'll be back in the village eating Ramen with Naruto in no time.

I let out a deep breath as I stand straighter, a cool wind blowing through my hair as Kabuto and the other two run at me from all sides, my body immediately moving into a defensive stance as I prepare once again to fight.

"I'm getting really fed up with your attitude."

I mutter loudly as I start blocking multiple attacks at once, my palm raising as I charge an orange blast of chakra into one of them, sending them tumbling in the dirt. I didn't have as much time as I thought, the other goon managed to use my attack as an opening to lands a powerful punch in my abdomen, my eyes bulged as my body gets thrown backwards across the clearing, colliding with Kit as I take him down with me as we tumble violently to the ground, the only reason we stopped was because we hit a rock face, shaking some of free as small stones fall onto the grass around us as I let out a groan.

"That... hurt..."

I wheeze, rolling onto my side as I try to catch my breath. That ninja had more strength that I was expecting, he threw me as if I weighed nothing. What the heck was going on with these guys? As I composed myself, Kit was already getting to his feet, growling loudly in front of me as he stands guard. His large fangs snarling as they're stained with blood from where he bite the others.

"Would you like to see my new trick, little fox?"

Kabuto said in his annoying voice as the others walk toward us as if they're a stupid boy band. God I hated their stupid faces.

"Not really interested."

I respond, my tone blunt as my eyes watch them intently as they make multiple hand signs in unison with each other.

"What is it? Stupid Jutsu?"

I ask, amusement in my voice as I slowly rise to my feet, my hand gently pressing against my stomach as I wince a little from the pain.

"Or wait... Are you all going to break out into some dance number?"

I try to hide my discomfort with humor as I feel a warm liquid run down the side of my head and ear, I knew what it was before my hand and fingers brush against it. Blood. I did not like the fact that this idiot has made me bleed, not one little bit.

"Ugh this shirt was new."

I mutter, Kabuto laughing like a damn psychopath. Im not one to judge but this guy needed some help, there's a few cards short of a full deck, if ya know what I mean.

As I managed to bring up my fists, I all of a sudden felt my body immediately tense, my muscles tightening one by one as my head began to pound with a fury I've never felt before.

"Kit..."

My eyes dart to to my fox who just collapsed onto the floor, his paws rubbing his face and ears as he rolls around in unimaginable pain. I've never seen this happen before. Who the hell is this guy?!

"Stop it..."

My eyes remain on my fox as I speak in a tone that is woven with warning, I hadn't even realized that my orange eyes started to flicker as our energy connection began to fade.

"Or what?"

He mused, his dark eyes sparkling with excitement.

"You see, I realized something the other day..."

Kabuto walks towards me as his hands are now surrounded with a blue glow. One I'd seen before when I was in the hospital, this glow didn't fill me with comfort though, it filled me with dread.

"If your fox here is contained that means you will be too, isn't that right?"

His question was rhetorical as I felt my heart race, what did this guy do to keep Kakashi and the others away? Are they even going to find me in time?

I let out a growl as I felt my legs begin to tremble, my eyes finally fading back to blue as Kit whines and barks loudly in pain beside me, his ears back and his tail between his legs. It hurt me to see him suffer like this, I can't stand being so weak that I can't protect him. Kabuto wasn't what I expected, this ninja is smart, calculated. He had found a way to control us and that frightened the living shit out of me.

"Don't worry, we aren't going to kill you. My Lord has far better plans in store."

God he's such a smug prick. When I get out of this I'm going to wipe that smile off his idiotic face.

I remain standing, fighting with every thing I have as my jaw tightens, my eyes watching the other five henchman do more hand signs, immediately causing my fox to fall silent as he shrinks back down to normal size, his small fur covered body collapsing onto the floor as he passes out completely.

"How did you...."

I stare at Kabuto with wide eyes as he grins. Which obviously made me want nothing more than to punch his stupid face. Only issue I have is that now that Kit was unconscious, I wasn't going to be far behind. Our energy was connected and they somehow cut it off...

"Don't worry about that, you'll find out soon enough."

"You smug little shi-..."

My sentence trailed off as my vision faded in and out. I didn't have much time. I needed to do something and I needed to do something now. I will fight until the very end. I will not give up.

I stepped forward on my shaky leg, swinging my fist at him which he swiftly dodged and counter attacked by using his fingers to jab painfully in the back of my thighs. I felt the muscles and tendons tear as my legs buckled, a gasp escaping me as I fall to my knees.

"Damn it!"

I yell out as my hands catch myself, my fingers pressing into the cool grass before a foot slams hard into my ribs, my body tumbling once again across the ground as the air is knocked out of me.

I struggle to take in a breath as I look over at Kit, my hand extending to him as I see his chest rising and falling. He was breathing well, that's good at least. How did this little dork have the skill and the ability to beat us, how the hell did that even happen? I never thought I'd see the day.

"My Lord will be so pleased. Don't worry, when you wake up, you'll be in even more pain than before."

Kabuto stands over me as he does his crazy man laugh, my vision darkening as I watched him raise his foot before slamming it down hard on to my head.