Chapter 20

As I slowly come back to consciousness, I feel the pain in every single part of my body. Not surprising right? I moan, wracked with agony, the feeling of every inch of my insides being burned and seared. I let out a whimper as I open my eyes, the world blurring as if I'm not quite ready to wake up yet. Which can you really blame me? Ive suffered with pain before but I have never in my life felt anything like this. Of course a damn evil doctor came up with it.

I decide to close my eyes again, desperate to try and escape the pain for just a little longer. Even though I know that what I was hoping for was unattainable. Every movement caused more agony, every breath making the muscles around my ribs contract and I wonder if I could ever be free of the pain, if the drug would ever wear off or if this was how I would feel permanently. God I bloody hope not. I'm cranky enough as it is, I didn't need this added onto the damn pile. People would really hate me then.

Whine, bark, bark.

I immediately snap open my eyes, my blue gaze drifting around the room to see I was alone. I could hear the painful cries from Kit through the wall and it seemed to push away my feelings of pain to focus on what I had to do to save him.

"Kit..."

I started to pull on the restraints. His need overcoming my own. My jaw tight as I clenched my teeth together as the pain coursed through me, I don't stop. I can't. I damn refuse! I grunt as my eyes water, the leather restraints creaking as I push past my limits. Chakra infused or not, it cannot be allowed to prevent me from rescuing him.

I continue to fight against the restraints that hold me, ignoring the way my wounds rip open and bleed. The agony is almost unbearable but when I hear him whine again, it puts more fight into me, giving me the strength I need to break free.

Bark, bark, whine.

"Damn it!!"

I am filled with rage now, the pain in my body fading as I focus on one thing and one thing only: saving Kit, he may not be human but he means more to me than any human ever could. That may seem silly but he's been with me forever, he's my best friend...

As the anger overpowers me, I use every ounce of strength I have left to break through the restraints that hold me down. I couldn't let them do what they did to me to him, he didn't deserve it. Damn I didn't either but I would offer myself in his place every single time without any hesitation.

I hiss through my teeth, every movement is agony, but I don't care anymore. I have to save him. The pain is there, obviously, I wish it wasn't because it hurts like HELL, but it no longer mattered. Not to me. Not right now. That was future Aimi's problem.

As my fury grows, I felt a fire ignite in me. My blue eyes blazing orange as I tear free from the bindings, my hands ripping the cables and wires off my body as I drop off the table and onto the ground in a crouch. My lip curling into a snarl as my mind is completely consumed by rage. They were going to regret ever messing with us.

"My turn."

I stand, taking large strides as my hands shake with anger and pain. I blast the metal door off its hinges as I step into the hallway. Two members of the squad that took Kit and I down in the forest snapping their ugly heads towards me as I see red. I move in a blur, using their own weapons to dispose of them. Their lifeless bodies dropping to the ground within seconds, their crimson blood seeping onto the stone floor as I move to the door of the room where Kit is being held, my foot kicking it open as it slams onto the ground - the sound echoing against the rock walls as I see my poor fox in a tiny cage. Binding seals that I'd never seen before and chakra infused bars preventing him from breaking free.

"Well well, the little fox broke free. How... Impressive."

Kabuto said as he stood over Kit, my fists clenching as I take deep breaths, my glowing orange eyes narrowing at the needle in his hand.

"Not this time."

I say darkly. He wasn't going to use that on me or my fox. I felt the power rippling through me. My entire body is filled with this burning desire for payback.

"It's quite remarkable you have any chakra left. You really are quite extraordinary. Orochimaru will be pleased."

My fists tighten as Kabuto looks at the small river of blood starting to pool at the door, his eyebrow raising as he sees the two members of his crazy crew, dead on the floor.

"My my, quite the temper you have. I think it's time for you to go back to sleep."

He placed the needle down and started to do some hand seals, the same hand seals he had apprehended me with before. I didn't hesitate this time, I moved with great speed as my fingers grabbed his wrists and snapped them, the bones shattering and splintering beneath my grip as he simply grunts in pain. Quickly moving away from me as my gaze focuses on the paper binding seals on Kits cage, sparks lighting the corners before they erupt into flames.

"Time to go Kit."

The paper seals burning away was enough for my fox to break free from the cage, the metal snapping as he transforms into his giant self. His eyes locked onto Kabuto as he snarls and snaps his large fangs at him.

"Looks like he's hungry."

I saw bluntly, my sudden burst of power starting to fade as I stumble back, my shoulder hitting the wall as I take deep breaths. The pain rushing back to me like a wave crashing down on the beach. Wiping away every sandcastle and footprint in its path. I had been doing such a great job at keeping it at bay, my anger and desire to save Kit taking president in my mind but now that he's free? It finally pushed back through, flooding my body and leaving me breathless.

"I'll be seeing you two very soon. Don't think that this is over. You will submit to Lord Orochimaru."

Kabuto says bluntly before disappearing in a cloud of purple smoke, my fox looking around before deciding I was more important right now. He walks over to me, his giant head resting against me as I drape my arm across his neck for support.

"L-let's get out of here..."

I mumble before a wince of pain escapes my lips, my hand grabbing a bunch of his fur as I hold back the tears that are building up in my eyes. I was not going to cry, not because of them. We still had to fight our way out of here and I didn't have time for feeling this pain, I didn't want to experience it again so soon but my adrenaline was wearing off.

"Let's just hope Kakashi and the others are on their way..."

I say hoarsely as Kit puts his head between my legs and lifts me onto his back, my body trembling on top of him as he whines.

"I'll be okay. We need to leave, right now."

Kits ears move back, knowing full well I was lying but we didn't have time to argue about it now so he walks out the room he'd been held with, his black paws pressing into the pool of crimson blood before walking down the dark hallway, leaving red footprints in his wake.