cry over boys

april 30th, 2022

the bronx, ny

"tyler? you picked up!" aaron said loudly, shifting his wide eyes towards sophia.

they'd been working together since early last night to reach tyler. after andrew called soph, she informed aaron about his current state. they agreed they had to do everything they could to get ahold of him.

aaron even convinced boone to give him an off day due to "shoulder tightness" so they could track down any info and spam tyler while the team played.

sophia wasn't ever in good graces with boone, so he could give two shits where she was.

"hey man," he mumbled. by the looks of it, he was laying in bed. although he looked like trash, at least he wasn't in a bar.

"i've been trying to call you." aaron began.

"i know, i got them all," tyler assured with a long breath. aaron wasn't a spam your cellphone type of guy. him calling this many times was peculiar.

"yeah, i was just worried." he voiced with concern.

"thanks?" the wretched man responded. he sat up in bed, offering more light to his droopy face.

aaron had to admit the stubble fit him well, but the bloodshot eyes on the other hand... were terrifying.

"you going to a halloween party tonight?" aaron joked. tyler narrowed his almond eyes down at his best friend. he didn't find the crack funny.

sophia was beside aaron, looking down worriedly. she could see tyler, but tyler couldn't see her. her heart ached at his vampire-like appearance.

"it's april, aaron," tyler spat with an angry burst.

"then why do you look like you eat people?" he shot back. there was still a tad bit of humor in his voice, but mainly concern and vexation.

"i'm tired," he muttered, adjusting his eyes to a random shadow near aaron, "is someone else in the room?"

aaron clicked his tongue, "umm, no..." he played dumb. the man tilted his head disquietly.

"i swear to god i saw someone else. i'm not stupid," tyler uttered louder. "if that's sophia i'm gonna-"

soph's brown irises flickered onto aaron, sending the signal he better come up with a good lie.

the yankee's face went from unease to a little deceit. "tyler, be honest with me. are you intoxicated? there's no one else here," aaron shook his head, "man i thought you were four months sober as of february?" he sorrowfully gaslit.

"i'm not drunk!" tyler ferociously exclaimed. it was imminent that he was either cranky or somewhat hung over, because of how easily he was irritated. "why did you call me?"