Chapitre 8

April 20th
I just wake up, my dad and Jake are eating their breakfast. I take an apple and go prepare myself. With all the misery, I'm finally prepared. I'm wearing a white cargo with a green jacket. I'm making two braids and put my shoes on. I'm taking my phone and join the living room.

- I'm out!
- Be careful Ella!
- Don't worry dad

I leave my house and see Charles Ferrari. I enter and smile at him. No one is talking and we're going to the beach. Arrived Charles helps me to go out. We are sitting on the beach. We both don't wanna talk. After few minutes in the silence, Charles takes the lead.

- How's your knee?
- I can't drive for two months but I can walk and I go to the gym
- The doctor is agreed with you going to the gym?
- No, I decide it
- El...
- Charles I'm okay! Don't worry for me

We continue to talk for hours. Charles takes me back to my house and I go change myself. My dad and Jake leave so I decide to go to the gym. I'm doing some exercises and come back. Change myself, brush my teeth and go to bed.

It's been three weeks since my crash. I just walked for the first time. I'm so happy! Everyone is in Azerbaijan for the Grand Prix. Tomorrow is the qualifying and I can't stay here in Monaco so I take my suitcase and go to airport.

I just landed in Azerbaijan. I take a taxi and join the hotel. Arrived I ask for a room, 307. I'm next Alex and George. I decide to go see Lando's room. After minutes of search I finally find it. I knock and wait a sec when the door opens.

- Love?
- Hey!
- Wait!? You can walk?
- Yepp!

Smile on his face, he takes me in his arms and kiss me.

- I'm so happy your dad let you come!
- Lan... you're the only one who know
- Wait.. no one know?
- No...

I enter in his room and we talk. After talking I decide to go see my team. I leave Lando's room and go directly to Redbull motorhome. I enter and see Christian confuses.

- El?
- That's me!
- What are you doing here? You can't drive
- Please Christian I can! I didn't stop practicing
- The doctors said no
- I won't disappointed you.. I promise

With hesitation Christian accepts.

- Fine but Toto knows?
- He doesn't.. he would kill me
- You'll replace Checo on the qualifying and the race. I'll take care of your dad
- Thanks! You're the best!

I start to run out of the motorhome and join my room. Tomorrow is a big day.

April 29
Everyone's getting ready while I'm doing some knee exercises. I'm preparing my knee for the qualifying. Christian didn't talk with my dad yet.

Time to start! I'm going in my car and finish the preparation. Ready, I'm going on the track and start the qualifying. Everyone thinks I'm Checo but I'm not. I'm Eleanor Wolff.

I passed in Q2 then Q3. Tomorrow I'll start 4th. Qualifying finish I run into the motorhome. I lying on the couch and doknee massages.

April 30
It's race day! Yesterday wasn't very impressive. Christian talked with my dad and my dad wasn't really happy. I'm a grown up, I can live without him! Christian also told everyone about today. Lewis, Alex and Charles came to talk to me. They were worried. I understand them!

I do my knee exercises before going in my car.

- It's lights out and away we go!
Charles Leclerc and Eleanor Wolff have good start!

The first laps were good and safe. Lap 15 I'm fighting with Lewis for the podium.

- I can't! I can't beat him!!
- El you can, just trust you!

I take a deep breath and beat him. Finally!

- Eleanor Wolff has now a place on the podium!

- Good job El! You're incredible!!

I smile at Christian's comment and focus on the race. I have nothing in my head. I just need to survive. Lap 23 I'm now second after fighting with Alonso. Lap 45 I just lost my second place but still on the podium.
I finish P3!

- Amazing race from Eleanor Wolff who just come back from her crash! Incredible!!

I can hear the scream of everyone outside. A magical moment! At the same time, I start to feel pain in my knee. Again!! I'm out of my car and Max takes me in his arms.

- Proud of you girl!
- Thank you Max! You did a great race too!

He smiles and leaves to see his family. Christian smiles at me. After answering some questions, it's now time for the podium. I'm entering happy and excited. Raising my trophy in the air with the biggest smile is always the best thing. But the pain isn't gone. Maybe I'm smiling but inside me I'm hurting.

I just come down from the podium and my dad comes to me.

- You're okay?
- My knee hurts a bit but I'm good
- Proud if you sweetie
- Thank Dad!

My dad takes me in his arms and we leave to the hotel room. I just finish to do my suitcase and join my dad and Lando to the airport. We're going home.
——————————————————————
Chapter 8!!

🚨 I just want to tell you that I probably won't post a lot cause I just start school and I need to focus on. I'll write when I'll have the time.

Love u
Kiss 💋