Chapter 10

Qualifying day!!

So happy today it's qualifying. With all the joy, I put my jean and my red jacket. I put my shoes on and take my glasses. I don't forget my keys and my Ferrari cap. I join Charles and Pierre. We discuss about everything and anything. Pierre is so sweet. I didn't take the time to talk with him and I regret it.

We have few interviews before the last free practice. After the interview it's now time for the last practice before the qualifying. I did good time and my knee support it.

I'm at the cafe with Lando and we talk about the qualifying.

- Are you sure you're okay to drive?
- Babe I'm sure! Don't worry about me
- Yeah but you're still my girlfriend
- Yeah I know and I know if I can drive or not okay!? Now we need to go, we have a qualifying to do

Lando smiles and gets up. He kiss me and puts his arm around me.

I'm in my car, gloves on and ready to go. Last check and here I am. On Singapore track racing against my old team. First laps are good but I know I can do better. Turn 4 I'm fighting with Oscar. I take the inside and beat him easily. Last laps before the end of the qualifying. Max has the best time for now. I can beat him!

Unfortunately I finished 3. A good start for tomorrow. After qualifying we have some interviews with the RedBull team. So happy..

- M. Horner are you afraid about Eleanor Wolff? She'll start 3 tomorrow and she's a good driver
- Yeah umm no I'm not scared. She left RedBull for personal reason and I totally respect but she won't win with Ferrari. She doesn't have the talent

Excuse me? Doesn't have the talent!?! Maybe but I have better strategy yeah I'm not Ferrari strategy but mine and I DIDN'T LEAVE REDBULL BY MY OWN!! He puts me on my nerves!!

- What do you think about Mr. Horner answer?
- I think he's right. Maybe I doesn't have RedBull drivers talent but my team doesn't have cheated cars

Christian looks at me mad? I don't know! The journlist just created a rivalry between us. And I'll win!

- Thank you both of you guys and see you on track tomorrow!

We leave the interview and go to the parking where my car is. Arrived I see my dad.

- Hey dad!
- Oh hey Ella
- You're good? Yeah yeah I'm good!
- You're sure?
- Yeah umm hey good job for your qualifying!
- Yeah um thank you!

I never saw my dad like this before. He seems stressed and lost.

- I'm very sorry but I need to go
- Yeah sure! See you tomorrow love you!
- Yeah yeah

That was the weirdest discussion I never had! Why does he act like that?! After my dad disappeared I join my car and go to the hotel. I'm soo exhausted! I just want to sleep for days but guess who decided to come. Insomnia!!

I prepare myself for the race. I brush my teeth and put my big sunglasses for hiding my tires eyes. I join Charles and Lando for the breakfast.

- You're okay El?
- Yeah!?
- Why do you keep your glasses on?
- I look like a zombie
- You didn't sleep?
- No got insomnia

Charles feels bad for me. Today is a big day for me and I so tired. We finished to eat and join the others for interviews.

Interviews finish, we go prepare ourselves for the race. I can feel how tired I am and I didn't tell about my insomnia to Ferrari team. Ready for the race, we finish the last things and join the grid. One goal, proof my seat in F1.

- It's lights out and away we go!

I have a pretty good start. I keep my place for the first laps. Lap 34 I beat Lando and become second. Lap 58 I'm fighting with Max. Max has difficulties to defend his pole.

- There's turn 18 and Max is still leading the Singapore Grand Prix but he needs to be careful because Eleanor is there also fighting for the pole. Eleanor taking the inside and OMG SHE'S LEADING! SHE FOUGHT MAX AT ON THE LAST TURN! It's INCREDIBLE!

- There you go! SHE'S BACK! ELEANOR WOLFF WON THE SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX!

Yeah I win the race. I proof my seat in F1. And don't believe it. I can feel the tears and hear everyone screaming my name.

I join the podium and Charles comes to me. He takes me in his arms.

- You did it girl! You won!!
- Thank you Charliee!!

We go for the podium. Max finished second and Fernando third. After the podium Max comes to me.

- Great race El! You're very talented
- Thank Max! You're talented too