Prologue

...

"Wake up."

"Jasper... Wake up."

Hearing the eerie whisper in his ear, Jasper groaned as he opened his eyes groggily and adjusted his eyes. Once his vision was much clearer, he observed his surroundings and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, upon noticing that he wasn't in his warm and cozy apartment.

Instead, he found himself in a dark, cold pitch-black room. Confused and anxious, he sat up and observed the area. All he found was darkness in every corner, except a brown door in the distance. He swung his legs over the edge of bed and his feet landed on the ground, only to feel something cold and wet underneath.

He looked down and saw water, rippling under his feet. Suddenly, the sound of small creaking was heard, alerting him. The door was slightly opened, a ray of white light seeping through the gap. Curious, Jasper approached the door and gingerly opened it, the hinges screeching.

When the door was fully opened, the next area he entered was a grand room. In an instant, memories of the incident flashed in his mind and Jasper gasped as he finally recognized the room he was in.

The Raccoon Police Department.

The place he wanted to forget. The place that killed all of his friends and colleagues.

Upon seeing the station, fear stabbed through him. All the painful memories come tumbling back to torture his mind. His heart pounded against his chest and his breathing became distorted.

He looked down and observed himself. He realized that he was no longer in his tank top and shorts. Instead, he was wearing the same black leather jacket and denim pants he wore during the incident.

"This can't be real... This can't... No..." Jasper mumbled to himself, not wanting to believe that him escaping Raccoon City was just a figment of his dream.

"Jasper..." A strained voice called his name—an awfully familiar one. He scanned the room and rushed towards the source of the voice, only to find man in uniform limping towards him. Seeing the blonde hair on his head, Jasper recognized him immediately.