Chapter 6: The Castle

As the trio continued their journey through the castle's winding path, an incoming path suddenly rings through Leon's ear, catching his attention

As the trio continued their journey through the castle's winding path, an incoming path suddenly rings through Leon's ear, catching his attention. Leon quickly answered the call. "Hola, Luis here. You guys still around?" Luis' voice crackles through the speaker.

"Well, we wanted to go home, but Ashley just had to see this castle first," Leon joked, causing Ashley to raise an eyebrow at the mention of her name, but brushed it off.

"Perfect, because I have a present I want to give you. Medicine that will help you to suppress the progress of your... problem," Luis notified.

"Where do we go?" Leon asked.

"Let's see... Come to the courtyard inside of the castle. We can meet up there. Ciao!" The call abruptly ended.

"So what's up?" Jasper asked once Leon finished talking to Luis.

"Luis said that he has medicine to help us with our problem. He told us to meet up with him at the courtyard inside the castle," Leon informed.

"Then let's not waste time and get going," Jasper said before the three of them approached the castle's entrance.

A flock of crows fly overhead, their cawing echoing through the night, adding an eerie effect as they entered. The castle's stone walls towered above them, casting shadows across the ground. Upon entering, they noticed the same purple flame next to a doorway. Jasper and Leon walked in and saw the merchant again. "I have some new goods that might interest you."

"How do you even get here so easily?" Jasper questioned, astonished at how the old merchant was able to move from one place to another.

The merchant lets out a chuckle before answering, "All I can say, is that a merchant never tells his secrets."

"I guess so," Jasper shrugged. "So what do you got in store for us this time?"

Leon and Jasper took their time with the merchant, trading a few items and upgrading their weapons, preparing themselves for what lies ahead in the castle. They thanked the merchant before they went back with Ashley and continued with their journey.

The intense heat of the flames engulfed their faces as they stood on the platform, gazing out over the castle. Leon pulled out his binoculars to peer over while Jasper steadied his rifle. On the faraway horizon, Leon spotted a figure dressed in a crimson cloak. The man wore a ram's skull on top of his head and held a staff in his hands. "Huh. Courtyards gotta be through that gate. Don't think our hosts are gonna roll out the red carpet."

Jasper hummed in response at his comment, sweeping his rifle across the castle and pausing at a tower. "Is that a catapult?" He squinted, trying to get a better look of the ancient weapon.

Leon turned to where Jasper was looking at and spotted the weapon too. "Whatever it is, they're definitely not for decoration."

Jasper puts his sniper away, aware of the danger that's about to come to them. "Well, we should probably get going."