Chapter 4: The Horde

Leon, Jasper, and Ashley hid behind the cold, stone walls away from the view of the window

Leon, Jasper, and Ashley hid behind the cold, stone walls away from the view of the window. The two agents remained calm while Ashley was hyperventilating, but stayed quiet to avoid being found by the cultists. "What do we do?" She asked, her voice trembling with fear.

Jasper turned towards Ashley and saw her panicked state. "Your father sent us because he trusts us, and we need you to trust us too. You have to do exactly what we say, when we say it, OK?" He gave the young girl a serious look while he calmed her down. "We're gonna get you home safe. That's a promise."

Ashley pondered for a little bit before she nodded, "OK."

Jasper and Leon's ears perked up when the church doors opened below them, and a few cultists began to survey the room for the girl and the two culprits. They turned to Ashley, who was also on high alert. "All right, let's get the hell out of here," Leon whispered, walking ahead with Jasper and Leon following closely behind.

As they passed the pink phone on the ground, Ashley lets out a quiet groan of irritation, "Seriously? I just bought this..."

"Jasper. Help me get that ladder," Leon ordered, pointing at the ladder that hadn't been lowered.

"OK," Jasper nodded at Leon's words as he connected his hands and lowered them, allowing Leon to stand up on them with one foot as Jasper raised him.

Leon grabbed onto the ladder and used Jasper as support to climb up to the top of the ledge. "All clear," he signaled after surveying the area above before he lowered the ladder.

Jasper allowed Ashley to go up first. Once she made it to the top, Jasper followed behind her. He heard Ashley's worrying voice saying, "What do we do? There's no way out."

"Well, there's actually one way..." Leon said as he gestured towards the window. He looked out of it, trying to find where it lead and found a decent landing spot. With a swift motion, Leon leaped from the window and landed.

Jasper looked down to see that Leon had made it down safely. He lets out a quiet sigh before he leaped through the window and landed beside him. Ashley had leaned out and shook her head from how high they had dropped, "No way."

"It's OK, I've got you," Jasper reassured her, his voice calm and steady.

Ashley took a deep breath before she went up the ledge of the window. Jasper noticed the look of unwillingness in her face and attempted to encourage her, "Hey, you can trust me. I won't let you fall."

Ashley took another deep breath before moving closer to the edge and lets out a small shriek once she dropped down, landing in Jasper's arms. Once she felt Jasper's grip on her, she felt a sense of relief. "Th-Thanks..." she stuttered.

"You're welcome," Jasper replied, giving her a warm smile before he sets Ashley down to her feet. He turned to his left and found a ladder, since they were upon a small ledge. Leon was down the ladder first, then Jasper, and Ashley.