Chapter 7: A Fourth Party

As they ascended through a room, they reached a door and stepped outside onto a lofted platform where they were offered a breathtaking view of the grand hall below them

As they ascended through a room, they reached a door and stepped outside onto a lofted platform where they were offered a breathtaking view of the grand hall below them. Ashley inquired as she realized that they were back at the audience chamber, "Hang on, this is the same room as before, isn't it? Guess we must've circled around."

Leon and Jasper surveyed the vast hall around them. There were no signs of any of the infected men or Ramón. The coast seemed clear. While Leon went to the other side of the long pathway, Jasper noticed the same door with the symbols, except this time it's with a fish and a snake. Before Jasper could blink, Leon leapt forward on top of the chandelier. "Leon, what're you doing?!" He exclaimed.

"I'm fine!" Leon responded as he swung back and forth before he was able to leap onto the other side of the pathway. "I'm just taking a shortcut. Don't even think about trying this yourself!"

"As if!" Ashley exclaimed, her voice dripping with disbelief. Jasper sighed, messaging his temples, still in shock by Leon's reckless behavior. He knew that he was capable of doing things himself, but he could've at least given them a warning first.

"That's Leon for you. How about you and I find a safer route?" Jasper suggested to Ashley and she nodded in agreement. As they searched for an alternative route, Jasper and Leon solved the puzzle and the door opened, giving access for the two to the other side.

"Hey. Next time you wanna do a stunt like that, you gotta at least give me a warning, alright?" Jasper told Leon once they met up at the carpeted stairs.

"What're you, my mother?" Leon retorted with a hint of sarcasm laced in his tone.

Jasper rolled his eyes and replied, "We're a team now. We're supposed to look out for each other, and I don't want to see you get hurt."

Leon turned to Jasper and looked at him with an unreadable expression before sighing, "Well, if it makes you feel better, I'll give you a warning next time."

They pushed through the double doors revealing a dark and eerie room. As they stepped inside and walked down the stairs, a haunting cackle echoed through the room, sending shivers down Ashley's spine. "Salutations, Mr. Kennedy and Mr. Park," a voice taunted. Jasper narrowed his eyes and he equipped his rifle. "Are you ready to hand over the girl?"

Leon grunted in annoyance. "Not this guy again."

Ramón continued, "I've taken the liberty of preparing some entertainment for you. Without further ado: the gallant princes protects the princess fair!" Leon and Jasper shared a dreadful glance before they trudged forward into the castle. They turned a corner and they faced a giant double door. The two agents approached the door and pushed them open, followed by Ashley telling them, "Be careful."