Chapter 8: Heart To Heart

Leon and Jasper took out every zealot and creature that stood in their way as they ascended the winding stairwell of the battlement roof

Leon and Jasper took out every zealot and creature that stood in their way as they ascended the winding stairwell of the battlement roof. As they reached the top, a gust of wind greeted them, tousling their hair and carrying the howling sounds of battle. All of the sudden, another towering figure appeared from another roof. This creature was larger and more formidable that the one they had faced in the quarry. This one was covered armor with a thick layer of moss and lichen.

"Another one? You guys are really starting to become a giant pain in my ass," Leon grumbled, his frustration evident in his tone.

Just after Leon said that statement, the giant lifted large clump of rubble and raised it above its head. "Take cover!" Jasper yelled. He pulled Leon behind a wooden barrier just as the giant threw it at them. The debris from the blast scattered around them, but they remained protected behind the sturdy wooden barrier. "I don't think bullets are gonna do anything to take down that guy!" Jasper stated.

Leon glanced at the massive creature, its metallic armor gleaming in the moonlight. "You think we could use the same tactic as before?" He asked.

"We could, if we could see where the parasite is," Jasper replied, his eyes scanning the creature's body for any sign of vulnerabilities. He swiftly ducked behind the barrier just as the creature threw another large clump of rubble at them.

"This way!" Leon yelled before he hopped off the raised platform they were on, Jasper followed behind him shortly. They ran across the rampant while they took cover behind the stone walls to protect themselves from the giant's attacks. They made it across, only to be ambushed by zealots. One of them grabbed Jasper by the neck, but Jasper swiftly grabbed his knife and plunged the blade into its neck, severing its airway. The zealot's grip on Jasper loosened around his neck, allowing him to free himself.

Another zealot wielding a shield and axe approached Leon. He grabbed his shotgun and fixated his aim on the zealot before he pulled the trigger and fired. The impact from the bullet broke the shield, leaving the zealot vulnerable. Leon shot the zealot once again, striking the zealot in the chest and sending him crashing to the ground.

"Leon!" Jasper yelled, grabbing Leon's attention. He saw a large ball of rubble came hurtling in his direction. Jasper quickly pulled him out of the way and they ducked behind the barrier before the rubble could crush them both. "Go! Now!"

Leon and Jasper dashed across the rampant and encountered a horde zealots firing their crossbows at them. They swiftly dodge the flaming arrows before they hopped off the platform and landed safely to the ground. Leon swiftly turned around when a zealot advanced towards them and fired at the zealot's head with precision. Jasper shot the flambeau-wielding zealot in front of him before he delivered a roundhouse kick to his head, ending with a satisfying sound of the zealot's neck breaking.

The cross-bow wielding zealots continued to fire their flaming arrows from above. Jasper quickly equipped his sniper and peered through his scope and fixated his aim on the zealots' heads. With a swift move, he landed precise blows to the zealots with each shot. The giant's roar echoed through the air as it continued to unleash its wrath while it launched the large ball of rubble at them, but they managed to dodge the pile of debris as they swiftly entered a room.