Chapter 7: Attention Conflict

As morning breaks, Melvin remains fast asleep, while Leo is busy checking something in the small kitchen area of their shared room.

[Note:-Small kitchen have been provided in every room, although most students only use that for light lunch like tea,coffee,breads,etc. Rest of time they use cafeteria near dorms]

Leo mutters: "Hmm..coffee powder's run out. Well, shop won't be open this early so... I guess i have to order two cups of coffee from the nearby café."

Before long, a café worker arrives to deliver two "cans" of coffee to the room.

Leo raises an eyebrow: "Cans? Seriously?"

Worker: "Sorry, sir. It's safer this way. Less chance of spillage."

Leo shrugs: "Alright, fine. Thanks." *Closes the door*

--

Leo ponders: "Ugh, and now we don't even have a can opener. And even worker didn't asked about opener, Ugh... Nevermind i can open by myself too".

Using his power, Leo transforms his head and jaw into that of a tiger's, attempting to open the cans.

Just then, Melvin wokes up from his slumber, yawning, and notices Leo's unusual appearance"

There's a brief silence as their eyes meet, before Melvin lets out a startled scream.

Leo attempts to explain: "No, no,no it's just me—"
Melvin's scream drowns out Leo's words" "AAAAAAAAA....!!!" *Melvin freaks out*

An hour later, on their way to classes:

Mia and Aria share a laugh over the morning's incident.

Mia chuckles: "Haha! So that's why you've got bandages on your nose?"

Aria giggles: "Seems like you really scared melvin with that!"

Leo recounts the story with a touch of irritation: "Yes, he flung me into the wall! My face got squashed!" *Angry leo noises*

Melvin chimes in, a comical hint of despair in his voice: "But I did say sorry ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ.
I thought you took my joking "about you eating me" seriously!

Leo frowns: "Keep pulling stunts like that, and one day, I'll actually eat you!

Melvin defends himself: "It's not my fault! Who wouldn't freak out seeing a tiger face right after waking up?"

As they walk, two girls passing by greet Melvin with smiles: "Hi, guys! Hi, Melvin!"

Melvin confused: Eh..

Two boys do the same: "Hey, Melvin, what's up?"

Melvin finds the attention a bit strange: "Huh? Do I know them?"

Leo explains: "They were our classmates, dude."

Melvin muses: "Okay, but why are they greeting me?"

Leo suggests: "Maybe they're impressed after your duel yesterday..."

Melvin reflects: "Oh, I see. But I'm not used to this much attention. It feels weird."

Leo reassures: "Eh, don't worry about it."
(Thoughts: "Damn it! If only I had won my first duel, I might be getting even more attention...")

As the time for class approached, the classroom buzzed with students moving around. Melvin sat in his seat, when a hooded girl with a flirty and sneaky smile approached him.