chapter 02

'...Sanzu? that name is so familiar... I must have heard it somewhere, maybe.' I thought, i looked up to see a man with long white hair, which seemed unusual hairstyle for men. but I didn't really care. next to me, this Sanzu guy just shrugged and went into a room. i blinked twice. i don't even know where I am, and that guy would just leave me? weird.

"come with me," the pink-haired male said, making a small gesture with his hands. he led me into a meeting room where more people were seated. my eyes traveled to each one of them, and damn, they were all fine as fuck. but my eyes landed on a distinctive purple mullet with droopy eyes. 

why am i fangirling over strangers? 

"sit down," the pink mullet ordered, and i obeyed without a word. "bringing a random girl into our headquarters? Are you fucking crazy, sanzu?"

"she might be useful." he shrugged again, carefree.

"what... is she doing here?" a voice asked, revealing a guy holding taiyaki and munching on it. "ah. found her on the streets."

"and?"

"and she was being chased by some people."

"so?"

sanzu shrugged, leaving me with a perplexed expression of "what now?"

"who was chasing her?"

the brunette looked at me, signalling for me to answer. the man with the taiyaki sat down in front of me, while others stared at me with glares and glances.

"um... it's complicated," i scratched the back of my neck, pretending to be fascinated by my shoes.

"take your time." now, that was an unexpected answer. from the corner of my eye, i saw the pink mullet sitting down next to the taller male with purple hair slicked back, who had a cocky grinned displayed.

"i managed to escape south korea today because the government and others were pursuing me. i knew they would exploit my skills and just use me for money, and I didn't want to be a part of that life. i decided that japan is the safest place to go, at least i knew someone here."

"the government is after you?"

i slowly nodded. "why?"

"have any of you heard of The Light Figure?" they nodded "yeah... they are world's best assassin."

"it's not a 'they'" i explained, the male who just finished his taiyaki, seem to be more interested. "hm?"

i nodded without hesitation. "she murders people, especially traitors. she's an arsonist, criminal, assassin, robber... everything you guys do."

"we should consider hiring her."

"well then, hire me."

"wha-"

"i said, hire me.'"

i needed money.

EDITED.