chapter 03

"so, you're the Light Figure?"

that wasn't the best way to reveal my identity, but they will likely understand. I nodded slowly and silently mouthed a 'yes'.

"Wow."The silver-haired man quickly stood up and extended his hand. I tilted my head to the side, but I understood what he meant when he introduced himself. "I'm Manjiro Sano, but you can call me Mikey. I am the leader of Bonten." I hesitantly shook hands with him, still not fully understanding his intentions.

"If you were serious about me hiring you, I can literally do that now." I widened my eyes on my first day in Japan and was amazingly amazed. I wasn't even looking for a job, but of course, money was a necessity. but one came up unexpectedly. It felt like luck was finally on my side.

"um, sure."I muttered the last part, I mean... being a world-class assassin and being involved with Japan's top criminals doesn't sound too bad, i guess. "Now that was easy." The purple mullet muttered, crossing his arms. I think he hates me. Eh, whatever. Anyway, I'm hired now! I wonder what position I will be in?

"You will be Bonten's number two." Everyone was shocked, especially Sanzu. Someone replacing him? ME?

"WHAT?" Me and Sanzu shouted simultaneously.We exchanged a knowing glance, as if we shared a single mind. "NO NO NO!" We both yelled simultaneously once more. "That's settled."

"..." 

"What is your name?" Mikey, while eating yet another taiyaki. I wonder who even is his supplier?

"Kira...Hyun."

Sanzu turned his head towards me, his shoulders slumping in even greater surprise.I tilted my head in confusion. Did he recognise me from somewhere? I was about to ask what was wrong, perhaps there was something on my face? But instead of answering me with words, he used his actions by hugging me.

Yep. hugging me.

I froze, feeling as if my eyes were broken from widening them too much. I felt my shoulder getting wet. Such a crybaby. I cautiously placed my hands on his back, despite my confusion about his actions. Nevertheless, I chose to caress him.I probably reminded him of a friend? Past lover? Family?

The scarred man tried to intervene and convince him to release me, but he remained motionless, leaving everyone in shock.

"He missed you a lot...you know?" A voice said, and I glanced over Sanzu's shoulder to see a man with a cigarette between his index and middle fingers, exhaling smoke. Due to the smoke, I couldn't identify him.

As the grey smoke drifted away, I instantly recognised who he was.

"Omi nii-chan?"Tears streamed down my face too fast.

I felt a hand behind me, taking his mask off perhaps? But I couldn't determine what he was doing. He forcefully pulled me away, gripping my shoulders. My hands dropped when I saw his face.

"Haru nii-chan?"