ii. invitation

THE CAR SLOWLY PULLED UP into the driveway of susannah's beach house, with laurel honking the horn

"they're here!" susannah yelled.

the door quickly opened. "what's up!" jeremiah asked in an enthusiastic voice.

steven went up to hug jeremiah first, while laurel went to susannah.

me and belly got out the car, when jeremiah and steven stopped hugging, jeremiah turned to belly. "hi!" belly giggled.

"look who came back all grown up!" jeremiah joked, hugging belly and lifting her up.

"jere! come over here." steven motioned for jeremiah.

finally, conrad came outside, in a hoodie, walking up to us.

he went to belly first, talking to her in awe. then he turned to me. i smiled a little, as he walked over to me.

"hey." i lightly smiled. he smiled too, and ruffled my hair.

susannah came up to me with a huge grin, and engulfed me in a big hug. "oh, my gorgeous girl."

"hey, guys!" steven called. "i-i don't know about you.. but i think it's time for.."

jeremiah looked at his invisible watch, at the same time, him and steven said. "a belly flop!"

belly tried running away, but the three of them stopped her. conrad grabbing her arms, and steven and jeremiah grabbing her legs.

"3.. 2... 1.." they swung her back and forth, then launched her into the water.

"how's the water!?" jeremiah teased, once belly came back up from underwater.

"guys.. i hurt my ankle!" belly whined in the water, reaching out her hand.

conrad took her hand, but instead of getting up, belly yanked him into the water with her, he grabbed onto her ankle.

"let go." belly told him, to which he splashed her with water.

ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚

once night came, i got out of my room and went downstairs for dinner.

when i was younger, i used to share a room with belly, because we were the girls. but as we got older, we both got our own room.

steven and jeremiah were looking at steven's phone, laughing at something.

"steven, i swear to god, if you look at that phone one more time, i'm putting it in the screen basket." laurel threatened.

"it's just, we wanna see your beautiful faces." susannah smiled. "can dinner be a screen-free zone. you know? like the old times."