xi. not the same

EVERYONE WAS OUT IN THE BACKYARD, some were in the pool, some were lounging around

EVERYONE WAS OUT IN THE BACKYARD, some were in the pool, some were lounging around. conrad and nicole were in the pool too, yep, conrad and nicole. together.

everyone was doing their own thing, shayla and steven with laurel, belly, and john, susannah with gigi, jeremiah with victoria, and obviously, conrad with nicole.

i sat on the pool chair, on my phone, i didn't know what to do, everyone was off doing their own thing, and i wasn't really friends with nicole, gigi, or shayla.

i saw victoria leave jeremiah and go with the other adults, i paid attention to what i was doing on my phone.

"someone not enjoying the party?" someone walked up to me.

i looked up from my phone with a small smile on my face, it was jeremiah. "you know, this isn't really a party. just a small gathering." i corrected. "and i am enjoying it."

"but you're sitting here by yourself?" he questioned, staring at me. his eyes were so pretty, that was one of my favorite things about him physically.

"because." i paused. "what am i supposed to do? i don't really know those deb girls, everyone was off doing their own thing."

"hang out with me." he suggested with a smile.

"okay." i give in. "but give me a second, i gotta finish this up.

ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚

"hey guys, check who i found!" jeremiah called, as me and him walked to the beach with cam.

i was going to the beach, after jeremiah had practically begged me to go, and we ran into cam. belly, gigi, nicole, conrad, shayla, and steven were already there.

"cam!" belly said with a huge grin on her face.

"it's not a race, con." nicole smirked at conrad, who was downing his margarita.

"yeah, save some for the rest of us, please." jeremiah joked.

belly laughed. "wait, but what if it was a race? i mean, isn't that.. isn't that the premise of every drinking game?"

"you want to play a drinking game?" gigi asked in surprise.

"why not?" belly asked, shrugging. "i mean, it's the fourth of july!"

everyone started agreeing with her, agreeing to the drinking game, including me. i knew i'd regret this later, but i did it anyway, against my better judgement.

ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚

after the drinking games, i was playing football in the grass with jeremiah and conrad, this was something the three of us would do since we were little. i think i just started because i wanted to be included, but nevertheless, here we were.