viii. the party

BELLY WAS PUTTING ON MASCARA, until she had accidentally got some in her eyes

BELLY WAS PUTTING ON MASCARA, until she had accidentally got some in her eyes. "ow!"

i laughed. "it goes on your eyelashes, not in your eyes."

"uh, yeah, that's what i'm trying to do." belly tried to focus on the mascara.

"here, let me do it." i took the mascara, putting it on her eyelashes as she looked up.

"tonight's gonna be so much fun." taylor smiled.

"yeah, i just hope it's not a disaster like the last party i went to." belly joked.

"you went to one party for like, twenty minutes, i barely counts." taylor tried to boost her up.

"yeah, and i embarrassed myself in front of everyone." belly recalled.

"no, you made people notice you. enjoy it, don't spoil it." taylor smirked.

"i mean, i guess it was pretty badass having a black eye for a day." belly said, as i finished her mascara.

"zero clumps." i finished up the mascara. "i'm a genius."

taylor glanced over at the flower crowns. "oh, we should totally wear these to the party."

"wha- i mean, susannah got those as a fun thing for my birthday dinner, isn't it kind of weird wear them out of the house?" belly asked, furrowing her brows.

"no." taylor responded, putting the flower crown on me, and one of belly. "it's hot."

the three of us looked in the mirror. "look at us." taylor admired us. "we're hot ass bitches."

ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚

cam had given us all a ride to the party, the house was decorated in lights, and people were all over, hearing the loud music playing from outside.

i looked over to see a bunch of decorated cakes on the table, the girls must've did this for belly.

"y/n, belly, you both came!" nicole excitedly rushed over to us.

"nicole!" belly hugged her. "you look so pretty!"

nicole gasped. "me?! look at you! oh my goodness, are those real flowers?" she asked, looking at our flower crowns."

"yes." belly replied, smiling at her.

"incredible. we have to show gigi." nicole said.

"yeah, totally!" belly agreed, then she looked at cam. "you wanna come?"

"you have fun, i'm gonna go over there." cam turned the offer.

"i'm gonna go get a drink." taylor went the other direction, i knew she was a little jealous of belly having new friends. she was used to me and her being belly's only friends.

i decided to also get a drink, let belly bond with some new people, make some new friends.

i looked over to see jeremiah making out with a guy. gross.

i felt someone tap me on my shoulder, causing me to turn around. it was conrad, i don't know what he wanted.

i looked into his blue eyes, and we just stared at each other, until he cleared his throat. "can we talk?" he finally said.

"it's kind of loud in here." i told him, no, i don't want to talk.

"we can go outside." he suggested. i sighed, i would have to talk to him sooner or later. i couldn't avoid him forever.

"fine." i simply said, before following him outside, at an area where not much people from the party were at.

"i'm sorry." he looked down. "i didn't mean what i said. it was a low blow."

i didn't expect that. i didn't expect him to apologize to me first. maybe the old conrad was still there.

my back was pressed against the wall of the house, him standing in front of me. "it's okay." i managed to say, after staying silent for a few seconds. "i'm sorry for getting so mad." i apologized.

"it's okay." i felt like, even though we both apologized, we were getting nowhere.

i sighed. "i don't want to fight like this." i felt like i was basically begging, holding onto a friendship. "we used to be really close."

he looked into my eyes once again, i felt like the old him was starting to slowly come back. "okay, then let's not fight."

without thinking, i made my way towards him, wrapping my arms around him, hugging him, closing my eyes.

he hugged back, rubbing his hand up and down on my back. his chin was on top of my head, and my head was pressed against his chest.

i felt a buzz from my phone, causing me to pull away from the hug. i checked to see it was a text from belly, saying we were leaving.

"i'm gonna head out." i told him, putting my phone back in my pocket. "i'll see you at home." i gave him a small smile.

"yeah. see you at home." he gave me a small smile too.

TWO SUMMERS AGO

conrad had walked into my room after knocking on the door, i was avoiding him, and he knows it.

"can we talk?" he asked, sitting down on my bed next to me.

"sure." i tried to seem as nice as possible, because, no offense, i didn't walk to talk to him, because i know what he was going to bring up.

"i'm sorry i kissed you." conrad immediately apologized, looking into my eyes.

i sighed, meeting his eye. "you don't have to be sorry, conrad. it's not your fault."

"then, why have you been avoiding me?"

i looked down, i couldn't look at him. "it's all my fault. belly really likes you. if she found out we kissed, she'd probably never forgive me. we can't tell anyone about this."

"so.. what now?" he was quiet.

"i- i think i just some time. to think." i told him, i felt bad. i really liked him, but i didn't wanna break my sisters heart.

the tension in the air was so thick. "i'm going to bed. i'll see you tomorrow, okay?" i said, to break the tension and awkwardness.

"goodnight."

"goodnight."

END OF FLASHBACK

ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚

END OF CHAPTER