three.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙˚*

"i thought i told you not to call back."

"how'd you know it was me? gasp! did you save my number, per chance?"

"no. all the other people who call me are actually saved in my phone. getting a call from an unsaved number for the third day in a row led me to that obvious conclusion."

"wow, you're so smart. i like that quality in people. what other interesting qualities do you have?"

"remember when i implied yesterday that i wasn't interested in getting to know you?"

"hm...pretty sure i only remember hearing 'have a good rest of your day, jakey poo! looking forward to your call tomorrow.'"

"then you need to get your hearing checked. also i sound nothing like that."

"oh, please, i can sense you wanna get to know me, too. you would've hung up by now, no?"

"..."

"ah, your silence speaks volumes, lee heeseung."

"god, you don't need to call me by my full name. you sound like my boss."

"what should i call you then? darling? baby? sweetie pie? honey bunches? love of my life?"

"heeseung is fine."

"seungie it is! gosh, look at our progress. i'm loving this for us, seungie. at this rate, we could be voted couple of the year."

"there's no progress because there's nothing to progress. and we're not a couple."

"not yet, seungie, not yet. so me calling you by your full name sounds like something your boss would do, eh? where do you work?"

"nowhere. none of your business."

"hey, don't shut me out now! we can't backtrack on our progress, we're doing so well!"

"speaking of work, i need to get back to it. goodbye, jake. seriously, you don't need to call back."

"always leaving me hanging. and i know i don't need to call back, seungie. i want to call back! talk soon! have a good shift!"

CALL ENDED.

͙˚*

"no yelling at me today?" riki asks once heeseung returns from his break. "i'm still trying to recover from yesterday when you told me he called again and then you threatened to flush my phone down the toilet. you know i keep my favorite polaroid of sunoo in the phone case, you heartless monster!"

heeseung rolls his eyes, choosing to busy himself with cleaning a pair of shoes. usually, just him and riki are in charge of the service desk where customers can come up and pick up their bowling shoes, so it's pretty easy for heeseung to find a task to complete. "he called again. seems like i'll never get my precious break time back."

"you could always just...not answer the phone. or block his number."

heeseung doesn't respond, suddenly very hyper focused on wiping the brown speck off of the bowling shoe in his hand. his silence is all the reassurance riki needs to know his wingman duties aren't going to be for nothing after all.