six.

tw:
mentions of alcohol/drinking

tw:mentions of alcohol/drinking

͙˚*

"you called a little later than usual today."

"pftt, nuh-uh. the clock numbers are only a liiiiittle bit fuzzy."

"...are you drunk right now?"

"whaaaaaat? no way. i only had a few drinks. i won't go any further on the matter without my lawyer present."

"dude, you're of legal age, it's not a crime for you to be drunk right now."

"...oh, yeah, i forgot. oopsie."

"...okay...are you alone right now?"

"just for a while. wonie comes home in a couple of hours. just thought i'd let loose for the day, ya feel?"

"it's midday and you're already drunk. that can't be a good sign."

"hey! what else is one to do when they're jobless, lonely, and bored?"

"ah...i see."

"don't judge me, seungie. i can hear the judgeyness in your voice. let a man live!"

"i'm not judging. just realizing why you're drunk."

"i didn't even tell you it's because i quit my job and have no idea what i want to do in life or with my degree and without a job i'll struggle to pay rent so i'm extremely overwhelmed and scared right now."

"...well, now you did."

"busted."

"...do you wanna talk about it?"

"nah, i just wanna drink my worries away."

"that sounds like not the smartest plan."

"i don't need your judgey mcjudgement right now, seungie, okay? ugh, i have to go."

"wait, i'm sor—"

CALL ENDED.

͙˚*

"hey, riki, i'm gonna leave work early."

"why?"

heeseung grabs his bag from inside his locker, both him and riki having been in the break room during the phone call. riki wasn't paying any attention since he was too busy gaming on his phone.

after the abrupt hang-up on jake's end, heeseung feels uneasy. okay, so it's hardly been a week of these phone calls, but for some odd reason, he's already starting to incorporate them into his daily routine, especially since jake calls at the same time everyday.

today, however, he called six minutes late and he was drunk. maybe it's because heeseung has only known one side of jake this whole time and that's why he's so off put at the moment.

but then heeseung freezes in his tracks...where is he going to go if he leaves work early? he can't go check on jake. he doesn't know where he lives or what he looks like. midway through closing his locker, heeseung realizes his dilemma. slowly, he puts his bag back inside of it, feeling a bit dumb.

"uh, sudden change of heart?" riki asks from the break room's sofa, having watched that whole scene unfurl.

heeseung sighs. "yeah, i guess."

"something about jake?"

heeseung somewhat hates how much jake is inserting himself into his life. riki having guessed everything so easily embarrasses him honestly; how could he let someone he hardly knows affect him so much?

his mother did always say he has a nurturing heart and caring persona...maybe it's just in heeseung's nature to worry for others. jake isn't anything special, it's just how heeseung reacts to people.

right?