four.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙˚*

"you know, every time you call is when i'm on my break. is this the only time of the day in which you call people?"

"don't worry, i only call you. plus, i figure if i call at the same time every day you'll start to look forward to and expect my calls. it's working, yeah?"

"expecting, yes. looking forward to, no."

"lies, seungie, lies. anyways, what do you normally do on your break?"

"eat."

"wow, what the explanation. it's like i'm there with you now from how detailed that description was."

"the more detail i give, the more you may try to figure out where i work. and as...interesting as these calls have been, i'm still a bit creeped out by this whole thing."

"how could you confuse my infatuation with creep-like tendencies? is it because i'm coming on too strong? i can't help it, seungie, it's my charm!"

"don't you have other things to do? a job? school work? talking to actual friends? assuming you have any."

"i'll have you know i have plenty of friends! and i'm a great student, so my work for the day is already completed. lastly, i don't have a job right now. i actually just quit my old one....hey! maybe if you tell me where you work, we can work together!"

"nice try, jake."

"i love it when you say my name."

"are we done here?"

"you're a stubborn one, aren't you?"

"only because—....what? no riki, you can't talk to him. fuck off."

"riki? who's riki? do i know a riki? unless...wait, is this the friend who wrote your number on the bowling ball?"

"unfortunately yes."

"oh, sweet! lemme talk to him! i'm dying to know what his intentions were."

"hell, no. the less you know about shit the better. riki, seriously, go away."

"no, riki, stay! put me on speaker. pleaseeeee?"

"jesus christ...fine. one second....hello? is this the bowling ball boy?"

"that's my name, don't wear it out."

"no damn way!!! wow, call me cupid at this point....riki! give me the phone back."

"cupid? ah, so riki's intentions were just as i suspected. in that case, tell seungie to just ask me on a date already!"

"..."

"hello?"

"...i'm back. i just kicked riki out of the room. ugh, sorry about him. i didn't catch what you said. all i heard was something about a date?

"oh, yeah? you free?"

"no."

"ah, you'll be going on a date with me soon enough, seungie. don't lose hope! talk soon!"

"but—"

CALL ENDED.

͙˚*

the door to the break room creaks open a sliver, riki's head just barely poking through. "did you end the call?" he asks, timidly.

heeseung spins around in his seat toward the doorway, the same irritated look the first day he got a call from jake plastered onto his face. "i'm gonna step on all of your toes," he threatens.

riki let's himself into the break room fully, ignoring the threat, knowing heeseung isn't serious. "he has a hot voice and he seems pretty funny. why are you being so hostile?"

there's so many things heeseung wants to scream out about why this whole situation is such a bad idea. but now it's day four of these short little calls and honestly, he's somewhat entertained, even if he would rather die than confess to that. knowing this jake guy is a university student around his age helps, too. well, he could be lying about that fact since there's no hardcore proof, but for some reason heeseung's gut instinct is choosing to believe him. either way, going out on a date with him? taking anything further? he just can't help but hesitate.

riki senses his best friend's inner turmoil. he comes up beside him and places a hand gently on his shoulder. "sorry if i crossed the line, hee. if this whole thing has made you extremely upset, i can block the number for you, track him down, and beat his ass up if you really want me to."

heeseung chuckles lightly at the offer. "i know your intentions are good. and don't worry about it. i'm not...i'm not that upset anymore."

unless riki is mistaken, he swears he had seen the tips of heeseung's lips begin to curve into a smile at that last statement. or maybe his eyes were playing tricks with him.

regardless, maybe he would keep to himself right now the fact that he just realized the bowling ball with heeseung's number on it is nowhere to be found.