fifteen.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙˚*

"good morning, jake."

"actually, not the best. that's why i called you. wanted to hear your voice. sorry if that's weird...or if you're busy."

"oh! uhm, no, no it's okay. unexpected, but i'm just getting ready for work. what's up?"

"take a wild guess."

"your ex?"

"i mean, what the fuck, right? it's been five months. i'm honestly getting a bit scared. he somehow found my number and has been texting me all morning."

"did you block it?"

"yeah, right before i called you."

"god, what a freak. once i broke things off with my ex, he didn't even spare me a second glance. granted, he did cheat on me, so i guess his heart belonged to another already."

"which is also fucked up because how could someone ever do such a thing to you? exes are the worst."

"i second that."

"i mean, first he threatens me at my house and now he's found my new number. what's next, he finds where i work?"

"hey, if it gets that serious, you're not alone, alright? you have jungwon there with you, yeah? and you have..."

"i have...?"

"and...you have me."

"i was hoping you'd say that."

"i should probably get to work."

"no worries. me too soon. have a good...are you serious? is sunghoon texting from a fucking burner phone now? fuck, i guess i need another new number."

"wha–..what did you say?"

"oh, sorry. just had to block another number. him again."

"no i mean..did you say sunghoon?"

"yeah. oh, that's my ex's name. wait, why?"

"that's... that's my ex's name, too..."

"..."

"..."

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"m-maybe it's just a coincidence!"

"what's his full name? your ex."

"park sunghoon."

"oh my god."

"is yours...?"

"what kind of sick joke is this?"

"jake...i need to process this. i'm sorry."

"wait, hee–"

CALL ENDED.

͙˚*

"hey, jake? mind opening the door?"

with a heavy heart, jake shuffles towards his bedroom door, still reeling over heeseung abruptly ending their call. this crazy coincidence hangs in his mind, leaving him to grapple with the possibility that heeseung may never want to speak to him again.

as anticipated, jungwon appears on the other side of the door, a look of worry etched into his face. "i heard you through the walls. is everything okay? is it sunghoon again?"

jake nods, a sudden tear escaping from his eye. "i'm a terrible person."

confusion crosses jungwon's previous expression. "what are you talking about?"

"seungie's ex-boyfriend, the one who cheated on him, is sunghoon. he cheated on heeseung with me...," jake sniffs, "and he hung up our phone call when he found out. he probably never wants to talk to me again."

feeling defeated, jake sinks to his knees, with jungwon quickly joining him. "jake, stop. don't say that. give him some time. this is not your fault. you didn't do the cheating, sunghoon did."

jake wants to believe jungwon is right, even though it's a bit optimistic. the fear lingers within him that he might have lost heeseung before truly having him in his life.