eleven.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙˚*

"hello?"

"I GOT THE JOB!"

"you—you what?!"

"I GOT THE JOB! guess who's no longer jobless? money, here i come! you're gonna come visit me, right? i mean, you must like bowling enough for your friend to have written your number on a bowling ball."

"oh...i mean, yeah, uhm—i go...occasionally."

"well, now you have a reason to come more often! it's me, by the way. i'm the reason."

"i gathered that."

"...you sound...you sound a little upset, seungie. is something wrong?"

"no, no, nothing's wrong. sorry. just tired."

"are you sure? you hung up pretty fast on me yesterday. have i done something to upset you? you can tell me."

"it's not your fault, trust me. sorry, i guess i'm just stressed lately."

"another english essay to write? you know i got your back on that, seungie. although, do enlighten me. why english? you planning to teach it?"

"oh, uhm—yes, actually. i studied abroad in america for high school and i just really grew to love language and linguistics as a whole. i wouldn't live there again, but i figured i could still do something with the language out here, so i'm studying to become an english teacher."

"wow, that's super cool. plus 'sexy professor lee heeseung'? uhm, yes please."

"pftt...says the guy who still doesn't even know what i look like."

"seungie, we're way past that point in our relationship. it's what's on the inside that matters most, right? besides, a good personality makes someone instantly more attractive. i don't make the rules, that's just how it is. and i'd say your personality is a pretty great one so far."

"...really? all i do is give you shit."

"it's just your way of playing hard to get because you know i like the challenge. see? generosity, one of your many great traits."

"you're full of crap."

"and you were smiling while you said that."

"i swear to god, if there's a fucking camera in this break room, you're toast."

"hey, i can't see what you look like before you see me, that's cheating! i'm a fair player. when we meet, it'll be the first time we both see each other."

"when we meet..."

"hopefully soon, of course."

"might be sooner than you think..."

"what was that? sorry, you were mumbling."

"oh, nothing, sorry. i should go. i still have work."

"no problem, seungie. i'll be sure to let you know my work schedule in case we need to change our call time. talk soon!"

CALL ENDED.

͙˚*

"riki, i'm gonna shit my pants."

"well, can you go back and do it in the break room at least? i just mopped in here."

heeseung whacks his arm. "not literally, idiot. actually...i can't make any promises."

riki notes the fact that heeseung is becoming ghostly pale. "bro, what's happening to you? did jake propose or something?"

the latter shakes his head. "no. he got the job as a busboy for the alley's cafe. he's gonna be working here!"

as much as riki wants to (not) sympathize with his panicked friend, all he can think about is the fact that if him being cupid was his job, he would be getting a raise and a promotion right now. "thank you, universe!" he shouts to the ceiling, pumping his fist in the air.

heeseung gawks at him. "seriously, dude? did you not hear me? what the fuck am i gonna do?!"

riki places a comforting hand on heeseung's tensed shoulder. "you're gonna act completely normal and let fate do it's thing."

"you're useless. i'm quitting this job."

"no you can't!" riki squeals, grasping both of heeseung's shoulders at this point. "hee, you haven't dated anyone in a long time and i know that as much as you want to act like you're okay, you're not. you're holding yourself back from being happy and trying something new again. stop being a little bitch and let yourself have this experience. what's the worst that can happen? jake doesn't like you?"

heeseung bites his lip, holding back words he can't even think of as he stands speechless from riki's surprising splurge of wisdom. jake not liking him would be the worst case scenario he supposes...but the idea of that happening makes his heart churn and he isn't sure as to why.

all heeseung knows is that he needs to find a new hiding spot to take their phone calls if he's to guarantee jake doesn't find out who he is.