Chapter One- My life

1. My life
.
.
.

"Mistress!, Alpha Kaden sent words of a crowning ceremony for his new Luna, he wants you to perform the rites" Fia said bowing her head slightly.

I was never used to her display of respect and even till now I still wasn't, but Fia idolized me, she was an orphan I had picked up at age five in the woods almost eighteen years ago , her parents had been slaughtered by rogues on unclaimed territory, they were most likely traveling somewhere or escaping from something or somewhere but I could never know, it was not in my fate to know— yet she appeared slightly older than I am, the curse of youthfulness glaring at me in the face.

"The moon goddess prophecy was right after all, when is she ever wrong" I smiled at my handmaiden but deep down I felt slightly conceited, I served the moon goddess but I had conflicted feelings about her, of why she had deemed my kind unworthy of ever getting a mate. "When does he plan on holding the ceremony?" I asked

"In three days time. Should I prepare for the trip?" She asks

"Yes, of course" I replied as I rose from my mattress. I stepped outside my tent and walked towards the cliff behind my abode. 

The scenery was beautiful as ever and it always brought serenity to my soul, it was the place I would meditate, I would sit here almost very night gazing at the sky and the moonlight, gazing at the figure of the moon goddess staring at me, she was always silent, always, unless she wanted me to know something, but she would not speak even, she would show me, sometimes in pieces, sometimes she would make it all clear, I was her instrument but I was never to fall in love, she had not deemed me or my kind unworthy of having a mate because my kind was incomplete and a part of our soul belonged to a magic that was different from hers, but that magic was how we were able to communicate, that was how I had visions from her but I was still unable to get a werewolf mate.

I have walked the earth for almost five hundred years, I have seen werewolves and other mystical creatures rise and fall while I have been frozen in time.

I am partly a werewolf and partly a witch, I was a freak of nature, a child that causes imbalance, but I was not the only one of my kind, but we were not much out there.

A werewolf and a witch mating was never meant to result into an offspring but there were anomalies, a crack in the way of things that resulted into my kind.

I leave in the forest with Fia, my handmaiden, I could not fit in with the witches, I wasn't a pure blood and the werewolf packs in the old times couldn't understand me either as I could never be fully trusted.

Times have changed but I have gotten used to staying in the forest, walking alone most of the times, there were good companions along the way but they all died when there time was up leaving me alone, Fia is my tenth companion after a hundred years.

I could have chosen to die, countless of times I have tried but failed every single time because I would wake up like everything that had happened was just a dream, I have given up.

Witches were not always like this, we were not immortals but every thing change over three thousand years ago, when all the witches were killed, but one witch survived named Greta and she bonded her soul to that of a vampire, she gained his immortality without having the thirst for human blood but then there was a cost, if the vampire dies, she would die but the witch grew greedy, she wanted the immortality without that leverage, so she performed ancient magic and transferred the vampire life source to hers and the vampire died then the children she brought forth gained the immortality from her, but every magic comes with a price, we can still be killed only with a dagger made from a special Argentium stained with the vampire blood, the same one the first witch used to slaughter the vampire, but that dagger was somewhat lost, and most witches simply believe that it never existed to begin with.