Chapter Twenty One- The first Attack

21. The First Attack
  .
  .
  .

  News came to the palace two days after, a pack had been attacked and some of the pack members had been abducted, though King Kaden was skeptical about the relationship of the attack and my mother's threat, I knew it was her and this was the first attack.

  In another two days there was another attack and more wolves have been taken from their pack, the palace was in uproar as several Alpha's were on the edge of the entire matter and King Kaden was trying his possible best to calm them down, I know he was feeling the pressure at hand, it was much easier to be an Alpha than to be a King, Kaden was a good Alpha and I have no doubt that he would be a good King but he was still new to the whole thing, it had only been days since he had been crowned.

  In these past days I have been trying to get back to that world but it was proving fruitless, Nadine was also helping and he even though I have somehow managed to control my own essence it was still impossible, my mother had completely dominated that world and even the Order could not yet access that world and it worried me about how strong my mother had gotten.

  Nadine had spoken to the Order about the black coven but there was still nothing they could do, the black coven fully supported my mother and even though I had told them otherwise they would not believe me, I was never a real witch, I was never part of a coven, they saw me as the wolves but my mother was the righteous one, she was the one that tore than her wolf nature and embraced the witches as her people to fight for the supposed justice of my father. Crazy, completely crazy.

  "I never thought I would be the one to say this but I think the witches have failed miserably" Nadine sighed "I thought we had the strongest witches, how is it possible that your mother was able to take control of that world with just one coven backing her, what does she even plan on using that world for, she has gotten the essence from you, it does not make any sense"

  We were currently in the field practicing my magic while Fia and Reed were helping around the palace grounds.

  "Your father is still in that world, is he not?" I questioned

  "Yes, he is" she responded with a frown.

  "I am sorry Nadine" I responded softly, the guilt ate me deep into my bones that I was partially to be blamed for my mother's sin

  "It is not your fault Althea, Lady Ingrid is simply deranged" she responded give me a small smile.

  "Can I speak with you Priestess?" I hear Queen Louisiana voice from behind, I stood up immediately from the ground and faced her.

  "How can I be of help to you?" I asked, her hands rubbed her belly through her dress, a mother protective of her offspring.

  "Are you sure this war is coming?, I know you are a priestess and you know this things but is it possible that everything might be false?" She questioned, I could hear the trembles in her voice, it was certain that she was tired of her life constantly being in shambles and disarray.

  "I am certain" I responded straightforwardly, there was no need to sugarcoat the glaring truth.

  "How can I help?, Kaden doesn't want me to be involved in the whole process, he thinks it will keep me safe" She asked surprising me, I never would have imagined she would asked that.

  I walked closer to her, "Your mate cares for you, and you should cherish that, you have being through so much pain, I do not know how you can help but stay strong" I placed my hands on her belly and feel the intensity of the pup inside of her, her child was an Alpha and he was strong "You have to be strong for your child, he is a strong one as well"

  "It is a boy?" She asked in amazement

  "Yes, a strong boy" I smiled at her, she smiled back.

  "Thank you" she greeted "I heard you have a mate, and you are just like Williams, do you think he—he —"

  "He would have had a mate of his own like I have mine?" I completed "I do not know if he would have, my kind was never meant to but I have been blessed by the moon goddess" I answered with a soft smile once more.

  "Then you should cherish that as well" she responded, she gave a curt nod and she excused herself.

  "You should listen to her you know, that child speaks the truth" Nadine was the one to talk as she gets up from the ground. "You have been blessed truly Althea and even though there might be war coming you should not let yourself miss out on things you should have" she added.

  My mind immediately went to the kiss I had planted on Reed lips when I work up, the same kiss I have been ignoring to talk about with Reed and Reed was letting me have my own way, I was indeed blessed.

  "Is your cheeks heating up?" Nadine said out of nowhere and my eyes widens my palms immediately clasped my cheeks

  "Of course not" I responded swiftly maybe too swiftly causing Nadine to erupts into a fit of laughter

  "Althea, he is not just an ordinary man, he is your mate and he has become your chosen as he not?"

  "I think so" I responded sheepishly.

  "Then, do not waste a second more" she smiled brightly.

  ****

  I was being crazy standing in front of Reed's bedroom in the middle of the night knocking at his bedroom door but maybe it was time for me to start doing crazy things and start doing things that would make me feel happy.

  I do not know how many times I had knocked but when Reed finally opened the door and he was standing there with sleep in his eyes and shirtless, it seemed worth it. I had truly been blessed.

  "Althea, what are you doing here?, are you not feeling okay" he said in a sloppy voice and it made me feel a little bit bad that I had been the one to disturb his sleep but it was too late to turn back now.

  "I apologize for disturbing your rest, can I come in?"

  He stepped way from the door giving me entrance to the room and I entered, my heart was beating fast against my chest, I had never expected that I would feel this way for any man in my entire existence but now I was.

  "Althea!, what is going on?, are you sure you are okay" Reed said worriedly as he shut the door behind him, he walked up to me standing face to face, my eyes were on his and his were on mine.

  "I am fine, I—I" I stuttered, causing him to blink his eyes in curiosity, I closed my eyes for exhaling deeply before opening them once more and then I did it again, I kissed him but this time it was more than just a peck, Reed was surprised for a second but he soon caught on and it turned into a full blown kiss.

  He picked me up from the ground like a child and he took me over to the bed and when my back touch the soft mattress was when we broke the kiss.

  "What is going on?, what are we doing?" He sounded confused and excited at the same time.

  I chuckled "I want you" I breathed

  "Are you sure?"

  I nodded before saying in words "I am sure"

  "Okay. I want you to mark me first" he said surprising me

  "Are you sure?" It was my own turn to ask, I know that he had marked me without my permission but it was what he felt was the only way to save me at that time and I understood that but I wanted him to have a choice in this, if he marked me and we mated our bond would be forever sealed.

  "Definitely" he breathed.