Chapter Eighteen- The Moon Goddess

18. The Moon Goddess.
.
.
.

There was white background around me and it was like I was trapped in a void of nothingness with no sense of time and space. At least it was not dark, was this what death felt like, was this the after-life, this nothingness.

My mother really succeeded and I failed miserably, I could not even put up a good fight, the once feared werewolf priestess reduced to nothing.

And then...,

The brightest light I have ever seen in my entire existence came forth blinding me totally, I tried shielding my eyes with my hands but it was useless, the intensity of the light felt choking, I shut my eyes close the tightest that I could for as longer as I comprehend and then there was this soft voice.

"You can open your eyes now" the voice sounded like a lullaby, soothing and calm and I complied but slowly, when my eyes was totally opened everywhere was like a landscape only it was magical, there were beautiful beings flying in the sky and everywhere was so colorful and then I notice the woman smiling at me, my breath hitched at the sight of her, she was dressed in a silvery white flowing dresses, her white hair adorned with flowers and silver accessories, she was looked out of this world, her beauty was incomparable, it would bring any man to their feet and maybe a few ladies would be swayed as well or rather die of jealousy. "We finally meet" she said in her singsong voice.

I blinked at her words "Do I know you?, where am I?" I questioned softly

"You have known me your whole life, you have served me well greatly" she smiled, my eyes widens at the revelation of her words.

"The moon goddess?" I asked completely dumbfounded, she nodded in confirmation of my question.

"You are right child" she smiled "You are in the abyss, an abyss I created for you,you are dying" she added.

"I thought you would look a bit different" I muttered under my breath but I know that she heard me "I had imagined that I was already dead"

"You would have been if not for Reed, your mate" she revealed, my eyes widened at her words

"But—, I thought my kind would never got one, I thought my mother might have been responsible to confuse me" I said still trying to make sense of everything, Reed was indeed my mate, Reed was indeed my mate, those words continually changed in my head.

"Your kind is destined not to get one but I bend the rules for you, because you are different and you have served me diligently, the bond glows blue because it is the first of its kind, I am aware you sought out those answers early one but I could not reveal anything to you until you found out the entire truth, there is a time for everything and now is the time" she explains. "Your mother will wage war on the werewolves and a lot of my people will cherish at her hands"

"W—what do I do?" I asked eagerly

"There is not much you can do you have lost the essence that was in you but that essence did not belong to you in the first place" she said

"I know" I muttered under my breath, It just reminded of how I had had a part of my father all this while but I had despised him a lot when it was his power I had been using, I remember his last words he said to me, 'Don't give up easily'

"Do not be discouraged Althea, you have been using your father's essence all this while but that does not mean that you do not have your own essence, though it would have been a difficult task to face a full born witch but your power has been sitting inside of you for over five hundred years, it has had the time to grown exponentially more than you can imagine but it would be difficult for you to use or maybe impossible" she says

"How do I learn to use my power then?" I asked

She gave a soft smile "You have to figure that on your own dear but now I can only help restore you back to your body but your body is weak and damaged it will take time for you to awaken, be ready, be strong Althea. War is coming!" She said, she waved her hand and the atmosphere began to shift

"Wait!, wait!, wait!" I called out but she disappeared and I am back to the nothingness only this time it is dark, not pitch black but just like the night, I am floating in the air, my body feels light and peaceful and I close my eyes.

"What is wrong with her?" I hear a voice ask desperately, it was Reed, it sounded as though he was about to cry and my heart broke, I can not reach out to him, he was my mate, he was my better half and he believed in that before I did, before I got the confirmation because he believed in me.

"I am trying all I can, it is difficult to feel life in her" Tamara voice echoes in the nothingness "I fear she is dying Reed" she added in a sad tone

"No!, she is not dying, she cannot die, she is my mate!" Reed yells fills the void, his agony eat deep inside of me that I do not know when I was crying until I see the drop of tears floating upward.

"Mistress will be fine Reed, she is a strong woman" it was Fia voice and that was all I heard and the nothingness takes over again.

****

" I hope you fighting in their Althea" Reed says and I smile if only he knew that I was in a sleep like state "I have to take you on a real date, I do not think you have had to do that in the five hundred years since you have been in this world, it is funny right, you are kind of older than my grandparents yet you looker than I am, so beautiful and fierce" he added chuckling at the end

"Who would have thought it would take you to be in this state for you to actually listen to me and not argue about us not being true mates" he says, I could almost picture the smile in his face as he said those words, Reed was a good man and a good mate and I on the other hand felt undeserving of him, he was too good for me, why does he have to go through this kind of life just because he had been fated with me, I was grateful to the moon goddess for this gift but equally I felt like a burden to Reed, I am a burden to Reed.

And then I feel a sharp pain in my chest like hundreds of bodies were resting on my heart and then I began to shake.
"No!" I hear Reed scream violently and several voices echoed in the background and then the excruciating pain once more, I scream out, gnashing my teeth against each other, I feel like my heart is tearing into pieces and then it stops.

"Althea!, Althea!" It sounded like Reed was crying and then my eyes shut right open and I was gasping from air.

Reed stared at me his eyes wide open "You are Alive" he breathed.