Chapter Twenty Two- Another Encounter

22. Another Encounter
.
.
.

The grass was the greenest I had ever seen, the field stretched out endlessly, wild flowers danced in the wind, I could smell the fragrance of the earth mingling with the sweet scent of a freshly cut grass. The sun was shining at its brightest yet I could not feel the heat, it was perfect and he was there lying beside of me, smiling in his heavenly gloom, my fingers caressed his cheeks and his chuckles.

"You stare at me like I am some god" his words dripped out like honey, I felt a sudden calmness in my spirit and I smiled

"Maybe you are" I joked, he laughs out loud this time, the sound vibrating against his chest and strangely it felt like time stood still and I could feel and hear it in slow motion, it was truly beautiful.

"You are the one that has lived for five hundred years, I am barely even up to thirty" he pointed out, he sat up and I did the same.

"You hurt me!" I faked a winced "You do not have to remind me that I am an old woman"

He chuckles and placed a feathery kiss on my lips "You are a beautiful old woman and you are mine"

I smiled, I got up from the grass and I pulled him up, "come on, let's see how well you can race this old lady" I teased and I just as those words fell from my lips I dashed off

"That is cheating!" I could hear him yell out before he runs after me. I chuckled as we ran through the field and into the woods, I feel a  whoosh beside me and soon enough Reed overtakes me but I was not ready to give up just that easily, I pressed on but Reed was incredibly fast, maybe too fast that I can not keep up and after trying my best, I stopped

"Okay!, Okay!, fine you win" I called out gathering my breath but there was no response from Reed, could it be that he did not stop "Reed!, Reed!" I called out and waited for like seconds

"I am coming back, seems like I won" I heard him say and I breathed out in relief but that relief was short lived after it felt like I had waited for minutes yet he was no where in sight.

"Reed!, Reed!" I called out again but this time desperately and there was no response, I walked further into the woods calling out to him but there was no response, my breath was staggered and my fingers twitched, something was wrong, something was incredibly wrong. I was completely exhausted and frustrated when I hear the leaves twitched around me "Hey!, who is there?" I asked but no response but the twitching continued "Reed, it is definitely not funny, I am clearly too old for games" I added.

"You are never to old for me" I hear that familiar voice from behind me and when I turned back it was her, my mother.

"What are you doing here?, what have you done with Reed?" I questioned desperately, I had already taken up my fighting stance.

"Be calm child, I mean you no harm at least not anymore. I am grateful that you survived, maybe things are really working in a favor, it would have been quite devastating for a mother to bury her own child" she smiled brightly like a mother would but all I could see behind those eyes of hers was evil and treachery.

"Silence!, I will not ask you again, what have you done with Reed?"

"Nothing dear, simply nothing, your little wolf should be fine wherever he is" she still held up that smile "But how did you survive it though?, you should be dead"

"Like you had wished" I spat out in disgust but my mind was still on Reed, he was just here right now, this woman in front of me was clearly lying, she must have hurt him.

"Like I said before, no mother ever wishes to bury her offspring, I am truly sorry for trying to kill you in the past but desperate times do call for desperate measures"