Chapter Twenty Five- War is here

25. War is here
.
.
.

"She knows now" she revealed and my heart broke. "While you slept like a damsel or rather while you were almost dying, I took my time to visit her—I assure you, it was quite difficult to convince her that I was her mother, she was so quick to warn me to stay away from you, so eager to defend you from me, so I took a leverage from her, you see Fia has found her mate, a young boy that works in the castle and in other for her to come with me, I took him, it was not so hard for her to come with me after that. Do not worry Althea, I will take good care of her, and when you finally choose to join me, we will have a beautiful reunion but for now farewell" and with those she disappeared and I found my way back to the council room.

****

"Althea, what happened?" Nadine asks, the entire room had their gazes on me, I straightened my back as I dropped the head of the plagued wolf on the ground setting it on fire with my magic.

"It was my mother" I revealed but that was something we both knew, my mind was in complete haze of my own mother's revelation, Fia was in fact my sister, and she has been possibly abducted by my mother. "Where is Fia?" I asked in haste, I knew she could not join us in the hall because she claimed she had errands to run, I knew that all these was not her scene, I should have persuaded her to accompany me, but now she was gone and she was at the mercy of our mother.

"She should be in her room or somewhere around the castle helping out I presume. What is going on?" Nadine questions agitatedly

"She is not, my mother has taken her" I gritted in between my teeth "Listen!, war is coming, the war is here, my mother is coming, whether you choose to believe it or not, there was a plagued wolf in our midst meaning it was so easy for my mother to get into the inner circle and manipulate anyone that she wanted, you can sit here and contemplate whether I speak the truth or not but that does not change the real glaring truth and that is that my mother plans on destroying your homes and take control of your lives" I announced to the council room, now was not the time for jokes and bickering amongst each other.

"What do you suggest me do?" Kaden asked

I breathed "Prepare for war, I will take my leave now." and I excused myself from the wall, I dashed down the halls to Fia room, her room was just as it was, only she was not there, she was really gone. A piece of paper was laid on her bed and I picked it up to read

'Dear Mistress

It has always been your wish that I be mated as a werewolf should and I found him and he seems very nice and I am certain that you would approve of him, nevertheless I have no doubt that the goddess have made a mistake.

I always knew we had a bond, you and I, I could feel the connection between us, she says we are sisters, Our mother, I wanted it to be a lie but at the same time it gladdens my heart that we are sisters, I feel incredibly lucky, I would get to share in your burdens of having a vile woman as a mother, you will always be my mother, my dear mistress but for now I am leaving to protect what I have come to cherish dearly.

I know war is coming and I am certain that you will win. Thank you for all the times we shared together.

From Fia.'

"What did she mean that you two are sisters?"
Nadine asked completely stunned, she had been reading the letter with me.

The paper slipped from my grasp to the floor.

"We are sisters, we share the same evil as a mother, she gave her to me as a child so that she could have the time to execute all her plans" I responded feeling completely defeated, I have failed Fia, I have failed in protecting her, all this while I have been caught up in myself that I have failed to see the truth before me, Fia found her mate and I had no idea, yet she was meant to be under my care.

"What!"Nadine gasped "How is that possible?"

"She murdered her father as well" I revealed.

****

"My mother is going to use the plagued wolves to attack us which is the reason why she has been attacking packs" I revealed, another council meeting was called later again in the evening, this time the Alphas and Lunas appeared serious, then seem to finally understand the gravity of the situation at hand. "It saddens me to say but the missing pack members would have been turned to plagued wolves, Plagued wolves are incredibly strong and difficult to kill, they are faster and very aggressive as you witnessed earlier today"

"The best way to defeat plagued wolves is to kill the witch behind it, which is Lady Ingrid, but I fear the battle is quite greater than that, Lady Ingrid as sought out support from a witch clan called the Black coven, they are strong and they are driven by revenge, I will seek help from my coven and if they decide to join the fight, we will try our best to handle the witches while you guys will hold off the plagued wolves until Althea is able to defeat Lady Ingrid" Nadine explained, the all nodded in understanding.

"The dagger used in killing Williams is what can really defeat my mother, I was told that it was in your possession my King" I said to King Kaden, he nodded, he pulled out the dagger from his pouch in his trousers and I walked up to him and took it from him, I stared at the dagger intensely, once upon a time, I had searched for this dagger, the last of its kind, and now it was in my hands but for a different purpose. "Thank you" I added.

"When would this war come?" Kaden asked

"I plan for us to attack my mother at her hideout, it is best that way rather than her coming to us, it would give us a bit of an upper hand " I responded. "This will be a difficult task, she is incredibly strong and it will difficult to find her but we should be ready starting from today, call your pack warriors and try to hide away your remaining pack members".

"That would not be so easy to do, there are thousands of wolves, females and children, it will be difficult for so to safeguard them while the pack warriors fight" an Alpha from one of the packs spoke up.

"I never said it would easy but there has never been anything easy about war but you have to try, I have a feeling my mother would not wish to attack pack by pack, she would come directly for the throne, it is the quickest way to secure what she is going after which is ruling the werewolves world" I answered.

A frown settled on Kaden's face while Louisiana looked extremely tensed, my mother would be going after them in particular, she will try to take them out and no one would be strong enough to stop her at that point then the werewolf world would have no choice but to bow down to her wishes.

"To sum it all up, the King and Queen lives are in danger and if they fall your world would have no choice but to summit to her" I added.

"I will try to find her whereabouts in a three days time, it is a short time but I cannot risk her attacking the palace before then, that is if she does not attack before then, my mother would seek a reaction from me, she has taken someone dear to me and I will use that opportunity to get the information I need. Be vigilant from now on and be ready for anything!" I ended.