Chapter 5

a week later the guys were in the garage getting ready for their first performance that people can see them before and after, while Julie was at the school in the dressing room getting ready.

Julies POV:

"Hey Jules are you ready yet?" I heard Flynn yell from the other side of the door.
"Almost!! you can come in thoughh." I yelled back. Flynn made her way into the dressing room to see me in the same outfit I was supposed to wear for the school dance.
"You're wearing that again?" Flynn asked.
"Yeah, I thought I'd give it a second try.
"ah, makes sense-" Flynn was saying before she got cut off by a knock at the door.
"Hey Jules, it's Luke can I come in?" I heard Luke yell from the other side of the door.
"Yeah come in!" I yelled back, I could tell Flynn saw the look on my face so as Luke made his way in she made her way out.

"Hey there cutie~" Luke whispered. I blushed so hard it's not even funny.
"Stopppp-" I said before Luke once again, cupped my face and kissed me.
"Bro- you're not doing a good job at keeping this on the down-low Luke." I whispered.
"oh well." he said, shrugging his shoulders. I shook my head and got back to my make-up before Luke stepped in.
"I don't know why you need all that make-up you look gorgeous." He said smugly.
"ughhh stopp, the lights in the school make me look like actual shit" I replied back.
"Well you're gorgeous to me." he said back with a smile.

"hear it for Julie and The Phantoms!!" I heard Flynn yell from the stage, followed by the crowd going loud.
I walked onto the stage and watched as the guys joined me, the crowd was confused because they usually teleport onto the stage but it's whatever.
I started to sing Edge of Great as the boys joined in.

Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious

And like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us

I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great

We all make mistakes
But they're just stepping stones
To take us where we wanna go
It's never straight, no

Sometimes we gotta lean
Lean on someone else
To get a little help
Until we find our way

I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of-

Shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
Don't gotta hide it
Let your colors blind their eyes
Be who you are, no compromise

Just shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
What doesn't kill you makes you feel alive
Oh-oh

I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of great
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) on the edge of great
(Great, on the edge of great) on the edge
'Cause we're standing on the edge of-
Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious

the song was followed by a kiss on the forehead by Luke before we all went backstage after everyone was done with their applause.
"YO- WHAT WAS THAT??" Reggie yelled out. Luke put his arm around me which left the guys and Flynn with their jaws on the floor.
"s-so what are you guys a thing now or what?" Alex asked. Luke kissed me and answered "does that answer your question?" I was blushing so hard but also laughing at their responses.
"PAY UPPP" Reg yelled at Alex.
"you guys were really betting on us?" I asked.
"Yeah ever since our first performance." Reg answered. Luke and I both grinned at this, was it really that obvious?

at home the boys, Flynn and I were chilling in the studio when Flynn got up and asked,
"Do you guys wanna watch a movie?"
"Yeah sure why not, I'll grab the projector from the house." I replied, getting up and making my way out of the studio, once I got to the doorsteps of my house Alex poofed next to me.
"oh hey Alex, what's up?" I asked, confused because we've never really had a real conversation.
"I just wanted to talk to you about Luke really quick?" he answered, he sounded concerned.
"Oh, okay, yeah what's up?" I asked.
"just, please dont hurt him, I know you and I know you won't but I've seen him heartbroken before and I haven't seen him like this since the start of highschool, I can tell he really likes you and, I dont know I just hate seeing him like that." he stammered.
"oh, yeah no I promise I wont hurt him, I really do love him and I really dont want to lose him or the band, I swear on my brothers life I'll never do anything to hurt him." I replied. I never realised that he really liked me that much.
"Yeah, thank you, wait did you just say love?" Alex asked, all confused. I didn't actually realise I said love.. but it's true I do..
"oh shit. yeah I guess I did. he means so much to me, you all do." I replied.
"Okay, I'll let you go get the projector thingy now, whatever that is." he said as he poofed back to the studio. I walked into the lounge room and grabbed the projector from the cupboard and made my way back out to the garage.

"So what movie were you guys thinking?" I asked.
"I was thinking maybe Star war-" Flynn said before she was cut off by Reggie,
"NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. I WILL NEVER WATCH A MOVIE WITH A JARJAR IN IT." Reg yelled, we all laughed at this while Reg was sitting there with a soft frown on his face.
"Okay thennn, what aboutt.. 'The greatest Showman'?" I said.
"I've never heard of that but sure why not" Luke spoke. I connected my phone to the projector and began streaming the movie onto the wall. soon enough I could feel myself getting cold.

Luke's POV:

I could see Julie shiver so I wrapped my jacket around her, within moments she placed her head on my shoulder, I blushed, but I could also see her drifting off to sleep, I put my head resting on top of hers and looked at Flynn, who looked back and smiled.

Once the movie ended the only people left awake was me and Flynn, She walked over to me and whispered,
"if you lift her can we bring her up to her room?" I silently nodded and tried my best to lift her and not wake her up. Flynn was holding the door and as I passed her Flynn gave me a soft smile. We made our way silently up to Julies room and I placed her on the bed, smiling at the beautiful girl beneath me i looked up and Flynn gestured for me to come talk to her and so I did.
"Luke, I can tell she really, really loves you, please, I beg of you. don't hurt her. You hurt her and ill break you." she whispered, trying not to wake her best friend.
"sorry to break it to you but im kind of unbreakable at this point." I chuckled.
"don't be so sure." she said.
"but yeah, I promise you I won't hurt her, if I hurt her I don't know what'd I'd do to myself, she means the world to me." I whispered back, thinking about the fact that she said Jules loves me.
"good. I suggest you go back to the studio, im tired so imma go to sleep." Flynn replied back.

I nodded and made my way back out to the studio, walking in to see Reggie and Alex fast asleep. I plopped myself onto the couch and slowly dozed off to sleep, thinking about what Flynn said about Jules loving me.