Chapter 6

I woke the next morning to Reggie (aggressively) shaking me awake.
"LUKE!! LUKEEEEEE! WAKE UPPP!!" i heard him yelling in my face as a jolted awake.
"DUDE. WHAT." I yelled back at him.
"jesus finally, anyway, Alex said he had a nightmare about Willie being taken by Caleb.." he continued, "..as Nick.."
"wait, what?? Why would Caleb be Nick??" I asked.
"we dont know, but we do know that Caleb has alot of power, we don't know if he can, like, possess people. and we do know that Nick has been acting weird lately.." Alex added.
"i guess so, we'll talk to Jules about it when she comes out here later." I added.

Julies POV:

I love him so much. We walked back out to the studio my hand in his, when we walked into the studio Flynn and Reggie were throwing stuff at eachother.
"Flynn, Reg, what the hell are you doing????" I asked.
"Reg said that Kayla's hot." Flynn responded, angrily.
"SHE IS THOUGH." Reggie yelled back.
"jesus christ you too." Alex responded, who was sitting above us in the loft.
"and what are you doing Alex?" Luke asked him.
"oh I was looking for my old pair of vans" he responded, "I found them!" he said, dangling his old beat up shoes from the top of the loft, dropping them down.
Luke and I gave eachother that oh my god look. they were all a bunch of children.

"Well guys don't forget, you all start school this Monday, and please, I beg you, don't be idiots." I said with a soft sigh at the end.
"ughh, do we haveee tooo?" Reggie sighed.
"yes, since you can be seen now you need to have a social presence, just pray no one at my school knows Sunset Curve." I sighed back.

For the rest of the day the guys and I wrote some more songs and Flynn sat in on our practice, not taking her eyes off Reggie when he sung.

"Hey Flynn can I talk to you out here for a sec?" I asked her.
"Yeah sure!!" she responded. I made sure we were away from the studio so the guys couldn't listen.
"someone had a crush on Reggg!!!" I happily said.
"what???? noooo! he's like, dead." she responded, getting all flustered.
"so is Luke and I don't got a problem with that. you should tell him how you feel!" I said.
"1, it's different for you and Luke, you two have an actual connection, and 2, he literally called Kayla hot, KAYLA!" She yelled out.
"Okay, fair enough, maybe get to know him though, we can't have you two being the only lonely ones." I chuckled.
"ugh fine whateverr" she replied.

the next day we didn't have a band practice so Reggie and Alex went out to go find Willie, leaving Luke and I alone.

Lukes POV:

Now that me and Jules were alone, I finally spoke up,
"are you suree you want us going to your school? that's like the only break you get from us."
"of course i do, if people found out you guys 'moved' back here from 'Sweden' it could mean good things, more gigs, and I get to spend more time with you." she responded.
"Okay when you put it that wayy" I responded, getting up from the couch.
"let's play some music" Julie said, getting up and sitting at the piano.

we started playing Stand Tall.

Don't blink
No, I don't want to miss it
One thing, and it's back to the beginning
'Cause everything is rushing in fast
Keep going on never look back

And it's one, two, three, four times
That I'll try for one more night
Light a fire in my eyes
I'm going out of my mind

Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall
Whatever happens
Even when everything's down
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall
I gotta keep on dreaming
'Cause I gotta catch that feeling

Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall

Right now
I'm loving every minute
Hands down
Can't let myself forget it, no
'Cause everything is rushing in fast
Keep holding on, nevеr look back

And it's one, two, three, four times
That I'll try for one morе night
Light a fire in my eyes
I'm going out of my mind

Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall
Whatever happens
Even when everything's down
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall
I gotta keep on dreaming
'Cause I gotta catch that feeling

Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall
Like I'm glowing in the dark
I keep on going when it's all falling apart
Yeah I know it with all my heart
Ooh, ooh
Never look back

Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall
Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall
Stand tall
Stand tall

Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall
Whatever happens
Even when everything's down
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall
I gotta keep on dreaming
'Cause I gotta catch that feeling

Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall

by the end of the song we were both, as usual staring into eachothers eyes, as usual, I dont know how long, but it ended after what felt like an eternity when Luke placed a kiss on my forehead, which was quickly interrupted by Alex, Reggie, and who I assumed to be Willie (?) poofing into the studio.
"uh- is that- Willie?" I stuttered.
"in the not-so flesh" Willie chuckled.
"WILLIE?" I Yelled.
"JULIE?" He yelled back.
"omg Alex has told me soo much about youuuu!!" I laughed. I could see that Alex was making that cut it out face.
"he talks about you and the band aaaalllll the timee!!" he chuckled.
"wait, so how is it I can see you? I thought I could only see the band??" I asked.
"Well, I actually don't know, it was shocking to you know, have a lifer talk to me." he responded.
"he's not like, attatched to your soul is he alex?" Luke asked jokingly.
"uh, not quite, I mean, I've always known love can change the rules of the afterlife but I didn't know it could go this far-" Willie responded.
"l-love?" Alex whispered in Reggie's ear.
"yes Alex, Love." Willie answered back. within absolutely no time those two poofed to somewhere, who knows where but oh well.

Alex's POV:

"Willie, whyd you poof us here??" I asked, my mind however far off in another place.
"Well, I was thinking maybe before we sort our this whole Caleb-Nick situation we could have some alone time?" Willie added with a slight smirk.
"O-Oh um okay" I stuttered. We both looked out to the people skating around at the skateboard before Willie rushed off with him board.