8. The eighth time being pursued

After gritting his teeth and finishing the exercises, Lu Jianyan ushered in fifteen minutes of free activity time. Children from different age groups mingled together, playing with each other. It's said that this is called mixed-age education.

Lu Jianyan didn't really understand the concept of mixed-age education. He only knew that it was convenient, especially for expanding his dominance over the younger children who were still in lower grades. Yes, Lou Dengxian was a year younger than Lu Jianyan. From a young age, they maintained a delicate height difference of only 1cm, a difference that persisted as they grew up.

Lou's father and mother were busy with their careers in City S, so they entrusted their son, Lou Dengxian, to Lou's grandparents who lived in City B. When it came time for school, Lou Dengxian was sent to a kindergarten in City B. The fact that both Lou Dengxian and Lu Jianyan attended the same kindergarten was clearly not a coincidence but a deliberate decision made by their families.

Close relationships need to be nurtured from a young age.

Lou Dengxian was in the second class, which suited his older-brother-like demeanor he would develop as he grew up. His actions were also in line with this demeanor – he was unbeatable in the kindergarten. Lou Dengxian had always been tall and sturdy since he was a child, with a rough look that gave off a somewhat rebellious vibe.

As soon as the class was dismissed, Lou Dengxian marched aggressively towards Lu Jianyan.

Lu Jianyan stood expressionless in his place, finally recalling that year when Lou Dengxian still had hair; that year when Lou Dengxian was a chubby kid everyone feared; that year...

Oh no, Lu Jianyan couldn't quite remember whether he and Lou Dengxian were still friends at this moment.

Lou Dengxian not only came by himself, but he was also followed by a few younger siblings, forming a group with a strong presence. When he stood in front of Lu Jianyan, he even dramatically stirred up a bit of uncleaned willow fluff. The chubby kid stood before Lu Jianyan with his hands on his hips, exuding a domineering aura, blocking out all the sunlight except for a shadow that resembled a tower.

And then?

Later that day, Lu's mother received a phone call from the principal herself. The tone was polite but the attitude was non-negotiable: she was requested to visit the kindergarten in the afternoon, along with the parents of the other children involved.

Commonly referred to as a parent-teacher meeting.

"This is just great," Lu Jianyan sat on a wooden bench outside the principal's office, looking down at his feet dangling in the air, trying his best to keep them together and not wobble. "I've only been 'reborn' for a few hours, and I've already managed to do something that I couldn't do in over ten years of my previous life."

The moment Lu's meticulously coiled chestnut hair appeared in his line of sight, Lu Jianyan understood what desperation felt like. Why did it have to be his mom calling and not his dad?

The Lu family had a peculiar tradition – Lu's father was as stern as winter with their eldest daughter, while he was as understanding as spring with their eldest son. Lu's mother, on the other hand, was the opposite. She was always more lenient with their daughter than with their son.

By the way, Lu Jianyan, the third child in the Lu family, is an unfortunate student who is neither loved by his father nor cherished by his mother. His parents treat him with equal "cruelty."

Lu Jianyan: Why am I always the one getting hurt? Tell me why!!!

Before Lu's mother had a chance to talk to her son about what exactly happened, she and the parents of the other two children were invited into the assistant principal's office. There was a childishly decorated desk, seven spacious European-style chairs with high backs, parents and the principal facing each other. Regardless of their status outside, they were now simply the fathers, mothers, grandfathers, or grandmothers of certain little kids.