20. The twentieth time being pursued

Up until the second week, Teacher Li did not return. His child, Li Xiang, also disappeared suddenly one day, as if they had never appeared before, like erasing a character from a painting completely, and no one remembered anymore.

Lu Jianyan had encountered this situation before, so even though he didn't know the reason, he wasn't panicked.

Lu Jianyan never reached an agreement on the issue of cooperation with Yao Wuhuan, he couldn't explain why, it was more of a sixth sense, always feeling that Yao Wuhuan's danger was greater than what he showed, much more dangerous.

Yao Wuhuan's temporary patience had not yet run out, so the two of them continued to spend their days together at the kindergarten and secretly met at night.

In their frequent interactions, they successfully solved another puzzle: How did Yao Wuhuan sneak into the Lu family?

The answer: Of course, someone helped him.

Despite Yao Wuhuan's vast abilities, he was only six years old, with short arms and legs, and he wasn't as tall as Lu Jianyan. The Lu family wasn't just an ordinary place – with only a secret passage – it wasn't a place where anyone could easily come and go. If a child could easily sneak in and out multiple times, then the Lu family's bodyguard team might as well all resign.

Yao Wuhuan mainly relied on professionals from the Yao family to help him and the indulgence of both sets of parents.

To be honest, it's understandable that Yao's parents excessively dote on him due to his illness. But as for Mr. and Mrs. Lu? Were they really not joking? Lu Jianyan felt greatly shocked. Mr. Lu might have been possible, but Mrs. Lu getting involved was beyond imagination. As someone who grew up under a mother's tough love, Lu Jianyan had to say, shaking his head in disbelief, that there must be something fishy about this!

Is there really something fishy?

Of course, there is!

Ever since the last time Lu Jianyan was called to the kindergarten by the principal, Mrs. Lu had been paying extra attention to her eldest son's every move, carefully analyzing every word he said, even every expression. She did her best to show all sorts of unconditional kindness to her son and constantly questioned herself if she had been too strict.

And all of this ties back to why Mrs. Lu was called to the kindergarten in the first place.

The kindergarten principal showed Mrs. Lu a video of Lu Jianyan "self-inflicting." It was the part where Lu Jianyan had just been reborn and, in order to confirm reality, he had pinched himself hard.

As previously mentioned, there were cameras all over the Montessori kindergarten, including the dormitory (except for the bathroom and changing room, which only had cameras at the entrances). The naptime teacher, who was diligent and responsible, noticed that something was off about Lu Jianyan. Taking advantage of the principal's intention to review videos of unrelated fights, she mentioned Lu Jianyan's unusual behavior, which led her to discover this video.

Such incidents, from an adult's perspective, wouldn't likely happen just once.

"Jianyan's behavior at school is quite normal. In fact, we specifically reviewed the surveillance footage from the past few days, and there were no abnormalities. If you would like, we can provide you with a copy. However, we believe that this isn't an isolated incident, and it's unlikely to be a sudden reaction brought on by sleepiness. It couldn't have been the only time he did this. If it were a sudden idea, he wouldn't have executed it so smoothly and purposefully, coinciding with the time the teacher was away. I've asked you here because I want to understand if there's anything amiss with Jianyan at home."