11. The eleventh time being pursued

Faced with the sudden increase in unexpected students at the kindergarten, the teachers did their utmost to reach out through various channels to contact Yao Wuhuan's parents, but all efforts were in vain.

For instance, they initially wanted to call Lu Jianyan's parents to ask if they knew how to contact the neighbors next door.

Unfortunately, Lu Jianyan's parents were both unavailable. One was visiting a military secrecy project that required signal shielding, and the other was in a crucial meeting with an overseas subsidiary due to time zone differences. In short, reaching them was out of the question. Calls were usually handled by assistants and secretaries, with the secretary not even understanding what the kindergarten was talking about. Eventually, the assistant managed to contact a trusted subordinate of Lu's father, someone regarded as the right-hand man within the group.

Though the subordinate also didn't have the neighbors' contact details, he at least knew that they were surnamed Yao and had a son of roughly the same age as Lu Jianyan, but with inherent health issues.

The Yao family had considerable influence and connections. They had been residing abroad and recently expressed intentions to return to China for development. It was rumored that they had invested in several government-supported projects and initiatives like the "Hope Project."

The subordinate also mentioned that if Yao's parents hadn't come to see Yao Wuhuan all this time, they hoped the kindergarten could take care of him for a while. Of course, they wouldn't expect the kindergarten to do it for free. Whether it was the Lu family or the Yao family, they wouldn't be stingy. Moreover, it would only be a day's trouble for the kindergarten. When Lu Jianyan's driver came to pick him up in the afternoon, they would definitely take Yao Wuhuan home as well.

With all these details, the underlying message from the subordinate was quite simple—messing with the Yao family was not an option for the kindergarten, and he hoped they would treat the situation carefully. Although the Lu family wasn't afraid of the Yao family, they also saw an opportunity to foster a positive connection through this.

The younger family member was astute and possessed exceptional analytical skills. He could weigh the pros and cons in an instant. Though he didn't understand what went wrong with the Yao family during the child drop-off, he was certain that no employee would be audacious enough to send the wrong child to their employer. This was obviously a problem. Since the Lu family was already aware of this situation, they couldn't turn a blind eye. If the Lu family's indifference resulted in any harm to the Yao family's child, it could lead to a major disaster.

Even if it turned out in the end that the child wasn't actually from the Yao family, and it was all a misunderstanding, the Lu family wouldn't incur significant losses. Perhaps they could even gain some positive reputation from it.

As a precaution, the younger family member even temporarily dispatched a small team of bodyguards to stand guard near the Montresor Kindergarten.

In the end, Lu Jianyan was also called to the phone and received an "important task" from the uncle: "Your fifteenth uncle knows that you're the most responsible one, and you can take care of the Yao family's child, right? Your mom and dad can rely on you, right?"

Lu Jianyan really didn't like acting like a child, because the whole world assumed that children could be easily fooled.

However, when it came to Yao Wuhuan, Lu Jianyan realized that he couldn't dig too deep for answers at the moment. After all, he wasn't actually a child and understood that matters needed to be prioritized. His curiosity could wait for another time. Right now, the most important thing is to take care of Yao Wuhuan. After taking a few deep breaths, he silently accepted this "task."