18. The eighteenth time being pursued

Before dinner, Mother Yao came to take away Yao Xiaohuan, who was still lingering at Lu's house – mainly clinging to Lu Jianyan. The white-haired little rascal clutched the black box, taking three steps and then looking back, showing just how reluctant he was. Finally, Mother Yao had to pick him up and carry him away, only then could she leave with him.

"I'll be waiting for you to finish making the Milky Way and the planets. Show them to me tomorrow," Lu Jianyan couldn't resist the pleading look in Yao Xiaohuan's eyes, offering an incentive.

"Okay!" Yao Xiaohuan wrapped his arms around his mom's neck, still holding onto the black box, his fists clenched in a sense of great responsibility. He couldn't let Lu Jianyan down. Filled with determination, he was ready to show Lu Jianyan his skills the next day.

**Mother Yao was amused and exasperated at the same time. She turned to Mother Lu and said, "Sorry for the trouble we caused."

"Why would it be troublesome? I'm glad there's someone who can keep Lu company." Mother Lu had just returned from the company. Lately, the overseas branch and competitors had engaged in a price war that was a matter of life and death, leaving her stressed. However, in front of her family, she tried her best not to show her irritability. Mother Lu happened to be holding her nursing baby son, building a connection with him. The scent of milk emanating from her own child was the soothing balm to her heart.

Both mothers preferred to carry their own children rather than delegate the task to others, so they exchanged knowing smiles and then gracefully left, stepping away with the elegance of high heels.

Lu Jianyan watched Yao Xiaohuan waving energetically at him, even though they were already quite far away and almost out of sight. Lu Jianyan could only lift his hand slightly in response.

Yao Xiaohuan immediately burst into a smile. In fact, ever since he saw Lu Jianyan, he had been in this constant state of "I smile as soon as I see you." It was as if nothing else could make him happier than Lu Jianyan. With his response received, Yao Xiaohuan happily lowered his hand, obediently heading home with his mother, because the teacher had said that Lu Jianyan liked well-behaved children.

After watching the Yao mother and son leave, Mother Lu noticed that her son seemed to be in a good mood. She seized the opportunity and brought her baby son, who still had the scent of milk on him, over to her older son, who looked like a little adult. She sat on the sofa, waving her younger son's arms like lotus roots, and said to her older son, "Isn't your little brother adorable?"

Lu Jianyan glanced at his mom, who he clearly didn't care about, and was immersed in his own world, utterly absorbed in the antics of his silly little brother. He reluctantly nodded his head, not commenting on his little brother's personality, but just thinking about the advantages he had inherited from the dual Lu lineage. His appearance was quite striking, reminiscent of the refined genes he had inherited. His skin was as smooth as milk, his cheeks were a rosy pink like roses, and his forehead had a small tuft of slightly curled dumb hair. He was charming at a glance.

Compared to his parents, who saw resemblances and likenesses all over his little brother, Lu Jianyan actually resembled his mom the most. He had delicate features with a hint of femininity. This was one of the few aspects about himself that Lu Jianyan wasn't quite satisfied with. Why didn't he resemble his dad at all?

Interestingly, Lu Jianyan's older sister had the opposite experience. She was like a gender-flipped version of their dad—handsome and spirited—but she bore no resemblance to their mom, even though she tried her best to emulate her mom's appearance and demeanor in her clothing and behavior as she grew older.

"How about letting Jianyan come up with a nickname for his little brother? Mom never thought of it before," Mother Lu suddenly proposed with a whimsical idea.