13. The thirteenth time being pursued

Yao Wuhuan cried with such genuine emotion that tears and snot flowed freely. Not only did it ruin his delicate little face, but it also attracted the attention of the duty teacher.

The other children in the clinical setting were also awakened, looking confused with bloodshot eyes. Pouting, preparing, and crying!

Lu Jianyan quickly and tacitly divided the work with the teacher to calm the situation before it escalated into a bigger incident. The teacher soothed the other child to sleep, while Lu Jianyan took Yao Wuhuan to wash his face.

Honestly, if Yao Wuhuan was truly an operator in disguise, Lu Jianyan would probably admire his effort. Yao Wuhuan's crying was not at all pretty, yet unexpectedly, it made Lu Jianyan more inclined to accept him. A child unable to control his emotions.

"As long as you don't cry, I won't be mad. But next time, you can't suddenly bite me like that, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." Yao Wuhuan's silver and smoky eyes were now filled with anticipation and brightness. He looked at Lu Jianyan and used all his strength to say, "Jiànyàn, you're really great! For you, I'll definitely try my best to restrain myself!"

Yao Wuhuan probably understood his own condition to some extent, but most of the time, he didn't want to control his emotions. He was wondering, why couldn't he be extra nice to the people he liked and extra mean to the people he disliked?

"You're the best!" Lu Jianyan instinctively said, using the comforting words commonly used for children.

Yao Wuhuan indeed became even happier.

Although Lu Jianyan himself didn't like hearing adults talk to him like this, he realized that such words were effective for other kids. Encouraging education has its merits.

After the lunch break, it was time for the regular exercise session.

While the kids were still lining up, a group of unfamiliar adults suddenly walked onto the playground from the far end. They were all dressed in black suits and wore black sunglasses, the standard attire for bodyguards. They stood tall and walked in perfect sync, creating a sharp contrast against the backdrop of the clear blue sky and white clouds. The purpose of this bodyguard team was clear. Along with the principal and Teacher Li, they walked towards Yao Wuhuan and Lù Jiànyàn's direction.

The speed of the Yao family's bodyguards is truly "swift," Lu Jianyan sarcastically thought to himself. It took them a whole day to finally find their young master.

"Young Master!" The leader had a buzz cut.

Lu Jianyan: ...What kind of terminology is this? Even in this modern society, these prestigious families still insist on using terms like "young master" and "young miss." Lu Jianyan had complained about this to his parents many times, openly and secretly, but he didn't expect to encounter even more astonishing examples after being reborn. In all honesty, these people who had lived abroad for many years, why did they maintain the old-fashioned titles even more than the local aristocratic families?

Yao Wuhuan held Lu Jianyan's hand and faced the leader's imposing presence without any signs of fear. He was straightforward and unusually mature in his tone for a child. "I remember you. You're one of Grandfather's bodyguards."

Lu Jianyan: ... What on earth? We're already in the modern age, and these prestigious families still insist on using terms like "young master" and "young miss." I've complained to my parents about this many times, both openly and secretly. But little did I know that after being reborn, I'd encounter even more ridiculous examples. Honestly, these people who have lived abroad for many years, why do they seem even more attached to these old-fashioned terms than the local aristocratic families?