10. The tenth time being pursued

"Cataract?" Someone nearby exclaimed in surprise, both children and adults.

It's forgivable for children to say something like that, as they don't really know much, and just recognizing the term "cataract" is already quite knowledgeable for them. However, if adults also say the same thing, it's a bit... Well, let's just say it's not quite accurate. Cataracts don't turn the entire eye white; that's more like something you'd see in a horror movie. Real cataracts have black parts within the eye, the extent of which varies based on the severity of the condition. Moreover, the "white" of cataracts and the sclera (the white part of the eye) are not the same shade of white. You should be able to see a progression of sclera-white-black in the eyes of a person with cataracts.

And when it comes to "white," there are various shades and gradations. Of course, someone who isn't familiar with the nuances might think white is just white. If the whole world were just one kind of white, that might actually be quite convenient. You wouldn't have to worry about ordering a purely white shirt online and receiving a slightly off-white one.

From Lu Jianyan's perspective, the small boy's white pupils were more like a silver-gray color, clearly distinct from the sclera.

Struggling to describe it, Lu Jianyan finally found a relatively vivid comparison: "Three-dimensional Hatake Kakashi's white Sharingan."

"White Sharingan?" Lou Xiaopang looked utterly puzzled, clearly not understanding.

"Fire..." Lu Jianyan began explaining but then remembered that the manga "Naruto," which was jokingly referred to as one of the 'Three Great Construction Worker Manga,' hadn't been created yet when he was in kindergarten. Ah, if it hasn't been created yet, does that mean he could invest early and perhaps use a bit of influence to prevent the mangaka from killing off his favorite character?

Perhaps it was a form of transference that made Lu Jianyan want to defend the white-haired child.

No, no, Lu Jianyan forced himself to focus on the present.

Being a child again also had its downsides. Lu Jianyan often felt that his emotions weren't as well-controlled as they were when he was experienced and grown-up. But at least he could still manage them.

Lu Jianyan didn't remember if the white-haired child he encountered in his childhood had those white pupils. But he was certain...

The other child wasn't as unusually enthusiastic toward him back then as he was now.

The white-haired boy stretched out his hand toward Lu Jianyan, going from expressionless to beaming in less than 0.1 seconds – like melting snow turning into spring flowers. His eyes sparkled like a painting. He waved energetically, as if he and Lu Jianyan were incredibly familiar.

Caught off guard, Lu Jianyan hesitated and pointed at himself as if to say, "Are you waving at me?"

The white-haired boy became even happier when he received a response from Lu Jianyan. His eyes lit up with a bright twinkle, enhancing the already ice-silver color of his eyes. It was as if he radiated all kinds of pink hearts. Not only that, he accurately called out Lu Jianyan's name, "Jianyan."

In early spring, with willows veiled in mist, the fleeting warmth contrasting with lingering chill, he saw him for the first time, yet it felt like a reunion with an old love. His eyes held nothing else.

Lu Jianyan: Damn, another mission dog!

Just based on the other guy's "cool" appearance, this excessively enthusiastic attitude, and most importantly, showing up at such a suspicious timing, can there be any better explanation other than being a mission handler?!