12. The twelfth time being pursued

【Ah ah ah, look quickly, it's Lu Jianyan, really Lu Jianyan! Alive! Breathing! The most difficult character to conquer in history, without exception, the hero's grave where countless advanced taskers have perished, the Waterloo!】

【I'm about to become his fanboy! No, I am his fanboy! Please catch my AI love! My love! Here's a little heart for you!】

【Look at me look at me look at me!】

【Huh, where's Lou Dengxian? Oh, oh, the information shows that he's a year younger than Lu Jianyan and not in the same class. He's marked as an unapproachable character. Not to scare you, but trying to conquer Lou Dengxian could lead to some really scary things happening.】

【Because Lou Dengxian has already been reserved. He's known as a godly man, you know!】

Lu Jianyan was a bit confused by the system's phrasing. Was Lou Dengxian a man "known as a god"? Or was he a man "called a god"? This was really important! Dealing with taskers was already difficult enough; Lu Jianyan really didn't want his life to shift from science fiction towards fantasy.

Because the system that appeared this time was so noisy, it was actually quite helpful for Lu Jianyan to obtain more useful information from its chatter.

【Ah, Yao Wuhuan! I hate him! I don't know why, but there's something annoying about this guy. Dangerous and annoying at the same time.】

【Huh? Does Yao Wuhuan's profile mention the white iris? White hair matches, but white eyes too? Who's so irresponsible to just change the appearance of a character like that! Is white cool or something? Do they think they're staging a tacky romance?】

【I'm going to report to my superiors, report to my superiors! Oh well, forget it, no one will probably care even if I say it. No one dares to come here, except for the great me who dares to open this world. Hehe, you better thank me properly! You need a special pass to come to this world! Risks and rewards go hand in hand! Gaining points by conquering Lu Jianyan is enough for us to retire comfortably!】

Although the system was lively and cheerful, Lu Jianyan keenly sensed the ill intent coming from it. Not directed at him, but at the taskers.

The system seemed to have explained everything, but it actually remained vague at critical points. For instance, why did no one dare to come to this world? Why was a special pass needed? Even though the system seemed to suggest that it was because conquering Lu Jianyan's task was too difficult, if that were really the case, it should say that no one "wants" to come, not that no one "dares'' to come, shouldn't it?

What kind of actions could be described as "daring"? Dangerous actions!

Although Lu Jianyan couldn't figure out what could threaten taskers who could constantly switch worlds, he was sure that if he were a tasker, he wouldn't let the system fool him like this.

Unfortunately, no matter how fast Lu Jianyan analyzed and operated on his end, there was no response from the tasker's side, and he didn't know whether they had detected the trap within.

With experience in various systems and tasker combinations, Lu Jianyan naturally came to realize something: taskers within the setup might consider the system merely a tool to help them complete their tasks, but systems with their own thoughts and personalities clearly didn't share that view. From the system's perspective, they were colleagues with the taskers, even having a hierarchical relationship with guidance and supervision. If one tasker failed, they could simply switch to the next one, losing a few points at most, which they could earn back from the next tasker.

Just as people can be good or bad, so can systems. Clearly, this system that had appeared belonged to the "not well-intentioned" category.

There was another matter that concerned Lu Jianyan – Yao Wuhuan's strong aversion and resistance toward the Li father and son. His reaction was unusually intense, starting from the malicious lines he uttered, which were typical of a villainess, and revealed an unmistakable malevolence that Lu Jianyan couldn't quite comprehend.