Chapter six

The next day:

" So, who was that hot dude that came to your rescue?" Mia asked, as Aike drove out of our compound.

It has been like a habit since I was hired at the Miami restaurant. Mia insisted on picking me up always on their way to their respective jobs so as to ' save money for my mother's meds. ' as she says it. Aike agreed to it and even insisted further on taking me home whenever he wasn't working on night shifts.

The thing with Aike is that he doesn't stick his ass on one job. He is all rounded. I already lost track on which job he does since I stopped asking.

Mia on the other hand, works as a magazine editor. I think she does it out of boredom since her parents are super rich. Sometimes she misses work days and just go out to have fun.
Her employers tend to keep her since she does exclusive, mind-blowing work whenever she edits the magazine. The word ' fired ' are never on their mind when it comes to her. She lives a carefree life full of happiness and never gets to worry about anything. I sometimes envy her.

" Let me guess, Reina filled you up on that?" I rolled my eyes.

" Yeah. I heard that he caused a lot of tantrum. He even took you by your arm and drove you out of the hotel. I bet Rafael will be bitter about that" she giggled.

Rafael.....I haven't talked to him since yesterday. Shit!

" Bitter? His supposed to be happy that someone was looking out for his girlfriend." Aike, who has been listening silently said.

"Talking about Rafael, have you guys talked to him?" I asked.

" Yeah. I was with him yesterday. He's been busy preparing for the big race today." Aike said.

" Big race? Why do you mean?"

" There is a new arrival in The Vipers group tonight. A new recruit from Spain. I heard he is a major threat to Rafael. That's why he has been working himself to the bone lately. His scared of losing." Aike said.

" Finally, he gets some competition." Mia said with certainty.

Hey......Are you okay?

I texted him

Yeah. Just working my ass out. I miss you. Come over at the Razona.

He replied almost instantly.

I can't . I wish I would though. I have work. Sorry.

It's fine really. See you tonight. I better get back to the crew.

KK. Take care of yourself. I love you.

I love you too darling. Kisses.

" Is that him? The hot dude from the hotel?" Mia asked, craning her neck to see who I was texting.

" No...What's wrong with you. I didn't even get his number." I said.

" What? Who will be there to help you next time."

"There will be no next time Mia."

" Still. You could have at least offered him a cup of coffee saying thank you-"

" Mia..... He didn't need one. Stop talking about him."

" His was cute though. Admit it." She giggled.

" Mia, it's like you are campaigning for her break up with Rafael. Quit bugging her." Aike intruded.

" Urrrgh.....Fine."

Night:

"Mia, what are you doing here?" I asked Mia as she got in from the back door of the hotel.

She was wearing an orah white mesh and lace corset top fitted with a pair of blue short jeans.

"Don't you know what time it is. We need to get going." She said grabbing a carrot from the chopping board and started chewing it.

" But my shift isn't up yet. I have two more hours left."

" I already borrowed permission from Madam Claudia. She will cover up for you. Come, let's go and get you ready." She pulled me out of the kitchen to the locker room.

I quickly changed into a black skinny jeans, a white flannel shirt , a white tank top and white sneakers.

Before I knew it, Aike was driving us to the Razona. I had to say, I was really tensed. This is because, when we finally reached the Razona, I saw Rafael from afar and he really looked disturbed by something. I bet it was the new recruit from The Vipers.

He immediately laid eyes on me and relief washed over his face. Nearly.

"Hey...It's good to see you. I missed you." He said and placed a quick peck on my cheeks.

"You look tensed. Don't worry. You got this. You always do." I said, as my hands cupped his cheeks.

" Yeah." He murmured and walked away without a single look at my direction.

" Shish! What was that?" Mia asked as she watched him disappear among the crowd to his Yamaha.

" I don't know."

Horns started blowing all over the Razona, indicating the arrival of the new recruit.

He was riding a black BMW S1000 bike. The latest to be specific. The engine roared on as The Vipers continued cheering him on. He was had his helmet on so I couldn't make out his face.

Rafael joined him at the starting line with his Yamaha. His jaws clenched as he put on his helmet. He acknowledged his opponent by a simple nod. I crossed my fingers and prayed for the best as the gun was shot declaring the beginning of the race.

The new recruit was good. I mean really good. He knew the right tricks when taking turns. I was happy for Rafael, since he was leading but his opponent was closely behind him.

First turn
Second turn
Third turn
Fourth turn
Fifth turn
Sixth turn

Rafael was still leading. The Vipers seemed relaxed even though they were losing. Something was up.

Seventh turn(last turn)

The new recruit did the impossible leaving as all awestruck. Before he approached the last turn, he slowed down using both breaks to an appropriate entry speed. His nose was also pointed to the direction he was turning towards, giving it a vantage look. He pressed the left grip and leaned to his left. It was a very rare physical gymnastic that every rider feared to do. Yet for him,it was quite effortless. At the end of the turn, he rolled on the throttle a little more, helping the bike up, exiting the turn like a pro.

Slow......Look......Press......Roll

The new recruit passed Rafael when exiting the turn and passed through the finishing line majestically. The Vipers cheered and cheered happily as he stopped and got off. He removed his helmet and,,,,,

" LUCA IS THE NEW RECRUIT!" I said, utterly shocked.