Chapter thirteen

Summer was almost coming to an end. That meant loneliness and a predictable day each and every day until Christmas. Rafael will be going back to New York for college. Mia will be joing her mom in Italy to help with the company. Me?

Well, I'll just continue working in this awesome hotel waiting for Christmas till I see them again.

Rafael and I are still working on our differences. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with him or even have an hour or two with him cause he's super duper busy this days. He helps out his dad at the hospital as he also learns. The leisure time he gets are usually eaten up by riding his bike in the surbubs together with other bikers. Sometimes I feel like he is just ignoring me. I don't know. I'm new to this relationship thing. Maybe he just needs time to himself.

What scares me most is the long distance relationship. Rafael will be a thousand miles away for the next few months. No contact expect for facetime and long calls. At least that is what I'm thinking. We haven't talked about it yet. I try to bring up the subject but he just ignores it. Is he scared like I am?

Mia was upset the moment she found out what happened at Miami's. It was like being scolded by my own mother. She barged inside my bedroom the moment she found out from Reina. Trust me when I said she barked the whole time of how she's my bestie and I should be telling her things like this. I love her. But sometimes I feel like it's better if she stops helping me out every time I need help. I gotta learn to do shit on my own. She's not gonna be my shadow forever. Sometimes shadows just disappear especially when darkness kicks in. I need to learn to take care of my own darkness and how I'll handle it until I get to the light.

Turns out Carlos Morgan, the manager of Hilton's hotel was Regina's boyfriend. Why in the world I'm I surrounded by freaking rich people?

I didn't call in as Regina said I should. Instead, I visited the place. The Hilton's was a five star hotel. Magnificent in every way and one of the biggest hotels in the city. More importantly, it paid handsomely. I had received the first one two weeks ago and was astound. This was thrice the pay I got in Miami's. But the pay came with a price. The Hilton's was twenty four seven super busy. It's the most preferred and loved hotel when it involves escapism and relaxation by tourists, conference meetings, birthdays, engagement parties, wedding receptions, gala dinners, masquerade balls. . Masquerade ball sounds epic.

Carlos was delighted to see me. He told me how he's heard a lot about me and was waiting to see me flourish by the help of his father's business. Gosh Regina. I owed her my life.

The bills helped me pay for my mom's medicine and also the house expenses. Did I forget to say that she is still recovering? I couldn't be more  happier. It's not everyday someone gets a chance to get better. Especially when cancer is in the story. I've been thinking of throwing her a surprise party. That calls for Mia's presence.

My stalker hasn't been stalking me. Or maybe he learnt some stalking skills and he's better than I imagined. I haven't seen the saloon car around nor anything suspicious around our neighbourhood. Which arises my curiosity even more.

Regina has been supportive. She pops in here and there to see her boyfriend and always fills me up in everything she does. I feel like I've known her since forever. She works in the modelling industry as a model. She also works part time at Herla gallery as an artist.

Speaking of artist, I haven't laid my eyes on Luca since the race at Razona three weeks ago. A few races have been held here and there but he hasn't shown up in any.  I long to see him, coughs awkwardly. I mean, I'd like to thank him for what he did. He has been a great help since I met him.

Regina: You up for some rock climbing tomorrow at nine am?

Tomorrow is Saturday. Meaning no work for me.