Chapter eleven

" I don't like this!" Rafael stated, running his hand frustratedly through his hair.

Charlie had given as a few minutes to prepare before the race started. Rafael and I were standing next to his bike, as he practically towered over me.

He tried his best not to look at me, holding back all the anger he felt.

"Hey, hey, hey. Look at me." I placed my hands on his cheek turning his face so that his baby blue eyes met mine.

His eyes soften a bit and his lips forms a thin line.

" This isn't fair Camila. How can he do this to us. He just wants to provoke me and it's working." He said.

Charlie and Rafael had been friends before the whole Razona was formed. They are the ones who worked to build this place up. The problem came by when they were to chose the leader. It's said that Rafa won the elections but Charlie said that they were stolen. Rafael wasn't even up for the whole election thing and gave up his seat. This made him receive lots of support from the gang making Charlie's hate ignite.

" Look. Don't let him get to you. It's just one race and it's over." I said, running my hands up and down his neck soothingly.

" I wish I didn't get you that dress. It just makes everything worse. Don't you have something else you can wear?" He groaned.

I laughed and tightened my hands around his neck.

" What's funny?" He mused.

" You."

" Me?" He asked, tightening his hands around my waist, pulling me close, his hot minty breath hitting my face.

" Don't worry. He won't touch me. All I have to do is wrap my hands around his waist-"

" Don't even remind me." He rolled his eyes.

" Tonight is all about me and you. So get out there, show Charlie that he ain't getting on your nerves and win this race. Then-"

" We'll get the hell out of here." He whispered and took my breath away by placing his lips on mine for a romance novel kiss.

" You got this. You always do. Don't let him get to you." I whispered after the kiss.

" Wish me luck princess."

" You always have it." I smiled as he kisses the top of my head and lets me go.

ᕙ⁠(⁠@⁠°⁠▽⁠°⁠@⁠)⁠ᕗ

" Boyfriend drama over?" Luca asks as I walked towards him.

" Let's get this over with." I scoffed, staring at the starting line.

" What? The boyfriend thing?" He asks, a smirk playing on his lips.

" Are you always amused with my love life?"

" Now that you ask darling, I am."

" Firstly, don't call me darling. Secondly, my love life is none of your business. Focus on yours and stop being nosy about mine."

" On mine? Who told you I have a love life?" He asks, amusement lingering in his eyes. He folds his arms and leans against his bike.

" Regina?"

He only chuckles and unfolds his arms.

" Regina is just my friend. There's nothing more. Besides, she's not my type." He says, and looks down at his hands, hiding his smile.

" Describe your type then." I challenged.

He stood upright and started making his way to me. A small smile playing on his lips, showing off his dimples. His captivating black eyes were fixed on mine.