Chapter 7: Clouded

Theo didn't know it at the time, but he was right when he said they'd win against Hufflepuff. The match had gone by smoothly, both teams scoring and catching up with each other, until Slytherin's star seeker finally caught the Snitch, allowing them to win at once.

Draco Malfoy was carried out of the field by all of his teammates, cheering and screaming because of their victory. On the stands were all of the remaining students of Hogwarts. Some were sulking because of their loss, others cheering for their win. Somewhere in those stands stood Harry Potter, whining to his friends about his nemesis winning the first match of the year, but neither Hermione nor Ron wanted to listen to him anymore, so they shut him down.

"Bloody hell, Malfoy!" Theo cheered at his friend as he gets put down on the ground again once they've made it away from the spotlight. Draco laughed, his smile wide on his face.

"Told you we'd win, eh?" Theo added, smirking at his friend as he thought back to all the complaining Draco did before the game.

"Shove off, Theo," Draco scoffed, beginning to get himself undressed so he could shower and get ready for the mandatory victory party they're about to attend in their common room.

Mattheo, Lorenzo, Theo, Draco, and Blaise all walked into the Slytherin common room together. The party has already started, and music was blaring through the night. "How is no one finding out about this?" Mattheo asked, referring to the loud music. "It's a wonder, really." Blaise raised his shoulders in a shrug.

"Come on then, let's get you all started, shall we?" Pansy Parkinson approached the five boys, leading them to a table in the back with all the liquor the students had managed to sneak in.

Enzo's eyes widened at the sight. The table was filled with various bottles in different colors and sizes. "Do we even know what's in there?" he pointed to the table, looking a bit confused as his eyes glided across the scene. "Does it matter?" Theo wrapped an arm around Lorenzo's shoulders. "It just needs to go down the hatch." Theo smirked and pretended to down a bottle with a hand motion, making Enzo laugh. "You're an alcoholic, Nott."

Theo narrowed his eyes at Enzo, then went to fetch a bottle. He popped the cap off and headed straight back to him. "Down the hatch, Berkshire!" Lorenzo looked utterly terrified but grabbed the bottle and took a few sips nonetheless. "I won't stop till you're all groggy," Theo winked at his friend who had yet to recover from the horrible taste of the alcohol he just drank.

"I think the star seeker deserves to pick a bottle," Pansy said, winking at Draco who took a step forward and grabbed something he found interesting. "This shall be a very fun night."

The group agreed in unison. "Alright, Mattheo," Blaise said, a smug smile on his face, "your turn."

Mattheo sighed loudly and then stepped towards the table. He reached out to one and grabbed it. "Good choice," Blaise said, smirking at him.

After a while, the group settled down in a few of the couches in the corner of the room. Mattheo took a few large sips from his bottle as he tried to listen to what Theo and Enzo were talking about. Lorenzo leaned backward as much as he could, laughing as he shook his head in an attempt to get Theo off him. Theo, on the other hand, was almost hovering over him, trying to get him to drink from the liquor in his bottle. "I do not want that sickeling drink," Enzo said in a long breath as he struggled to push Theo's arm away.

Eventually, Theo gave up, but he continued to bribe Lorenzo into drinking more and more at every chance he got. Draco was off chatting to a group of girls in the opposite end of the room, and Blaise was talking to Pansy. Mattheo slowly began to feel the effects of the alcohol as he sat there, drinking more and more. "Are you drunk yet?" Theo asked Lorenzo, and Mattheo's head shot up. He didn't want to miss this, especially not since Theo himself definitely was quite affected already.

"I am not," Lorenzo tried, in the sternest voice he could muster, but failed miserably. His voice was slurry, and his breathing short. Him and Theo both had a crimson red covering their cheeks. "Didn't think you'd be such a lightweight, Berkshire." Theo folded his arms and took another swig of his bottle. Mattheo didn't even remember how many Theo has had, nor himself for that matter.

Lorenzo scoffed loudly. "Well, we can't all be alcoholics from the day we turned 12 now, can we?" Lorenzo folded his arms too, and Theo looked at him in utter shock. Mattheo's eyes widened, and he stared at Enzo who only now, moments later, realized what he just said. "Oh- I-" he stammered, but he didn't get a chance to apologize before Blaise showed up with his arm around Draco's shoulders. "Who's ready to get this party started?" Theo cheered, and everyone else joined in.

Time passed, no one knew how long, but it was well spent nonetheless. Theo and Blaise spent a long time on the dance floor, yelling along to the songs and dancing with anyone who passed by them. Draco preferred talking to people, so he spent most of his time by the table with the drinks where everyone would eventually stop by so he could talk to them. Lorenzo and Mattheo spent most of their night in the couches, except for the 10 minutes Blaise and Theo persuaded them into dancing with them.

The air was filled with heavy breaths as the four boys crashed into the soft couches after showing off their impeccable dance moves to the surrounding audience. Theo fell down flat on his back, and Lorenzo had to push his legs down onto the ground so he could sit down in the other end. Blaise and Mattheo flopped down next to each other on the opposite couch.

"Can I ask you something?" Theo said suddenly, sitting up abruptly. He stared directly at Mattheo who didn't realize that it's him he's speaking to. "Me?" he pointed to himself, looking at Theo who nodded. "Yeah."

Mattheo shrugged and took a large swig of the new drink he just recently acquired. "I've been thinking, right? About that day when we got caught after the prank," Theo started, immediately grabbing everyone's attention, "how come we didn't get in trouble? What did you do?"

"And why did you do it?" Draco added, flopping down on Mattheo's opposite side. He'd clearly overheard Theo's question.

Mattheo sighed. He needed to think carefully, before making his next move. Although, thinking straight was quite hard when there was loads of alcohol in your blood, clouding your mind. "I did it for Enzo," he blurted out, surprised by his own honesty. Lorenzo's head snapped up, and he stared at Mattheo with confusion written all over his face. "I saw that you were uncomfortable, and I took the blame," Mattheo closed his eyes as he spoke, trying to tread carefully without even knowing why. Whatever was happening to Enzo in that office seemed personal, and speaking up about it around all of his drunk friends didn't seem quite right.

"Oh," Lorenzo said slowly.

"I assume you saw that my hands were-," he paused, looking for the right word, "shaky?"

Mattheo nodded, his eyes flashing to Enzo's hands. "Yeah... It happens sometimes." Lorenzo looked at his hands, flexing them slowly.

The other boys seemed awfully quiet. "It is okay though," Lorenzo added and sighed, "it's manageable."

"When did it begin?" Theo asked, his voice filled with worry.

Lorenzo shrugged, looking down at his hands. "Thank you for taking the blame though," he looked up at Mattheo, desperately trying to change the subject. "I mean, it's not like they were going to expel you in the first week of your attendance. Smart thinking."

Mattheo nodded, sinking a lump in his throat. He knew that Dumbledore wouldn't hesitate to expel him, but of course, his friends didn't need to know that. "Let us call it a night, yeah?" Blaise says, standing up.

Theo agreed and stood up as well. "I'm good with that."

Draco, Mattheo, and Lorenzo got up as well. "Let us go then," Draco said slowly, nodding towards the exit before walking away. His friends followed him out.

A/N

Hi it's been awhile. I quite enjoyed getting a bit deeper into the characters in this chapter. It's way more exiting than all the surface "fun and games" type pf stuff. That being said, since I started school again, my motivation has gone down the drain, so don't expect too much from me. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'd love to hear som thoughts!

(Also drink responsibly aha)