Chapter 13: Want or Need

Lorenzo groaned loudly. "Berkshire calm down, it's just Astrology, you've got this." Mattheo opened his own Astrology book, looking down at the variations of star alignments and their long names to memorize. Lorenzo stared at the page in disbelief.

"This is torture," Theo said, looking down at the paper sheet in front of him. Draco hummed in agreement, clearly not even paying attention to the book in front of him. He stared out of the window, his chin resting on the palm of his hand.

Blaise drew a few circles in his notebook, continuously dipping his quill in the black ink to his right.

Lorenzo shut his book, his hands anxiously running through his dark brown hair. He glanced at Mattheo who looked annoyingly calm.

"I can't do this," he snapped, standing up. "But O.W.L's isn't until the end of term?" Blaise questioned, looking at his friend in shock. He put down his quill on the paper. Enzo shook his head, wiping his nose with his sleeve before walking off with hurried steps.

"I'll check on him." Theo stood up.

Mattheo and Draco shared a look.

Though February was slowly passing, a thin layer of snow covered the grounds surrounding the castle. After Lorenzo's small breakdown, Theo had suggested that they all took a walk outside to clear their minds from the homework. No one really mentioned what had happened at the library, but everyone could feel the heavy atmosphere around them.

Draco walked alone in front of them, kicking a rock along the way while everyone silently followed. It was eerily quiet, the only sounds coming from the crunchy snow and the group of people approaching. Draco didn't even look up as they passed him, and if it wasn't for the loud laugh erupting amongst the other group, the other boys wouldn't have bothered either.

A blonde boy stood out. He grinned from ear to ear and Mattheo shut his eyes in anticipation of what was to come. "I see The Dark Lord has started recruiting Death Eaters already?" Another wave of laughter struck through the air.

Mattheo shook his head, the mentioning of his father making him feel sick to his stomach. Theo took a halt, making Mattheo look up at him with curiosity. "Nott leave it. Just keep walking." Mattheo stepped forwards again, desperately wanting out of the situation.
Draco had stopped now too. His jaw was clenched and he shot the boy a look so vile that if looks could kill, the boy would be dead.

The boy didn't stop there. "It is always you Slytherins eh?" He shot his friends a look of pride as he crossed his arms. Theo turned to face the infiltrator, his fist curled into a ball. Lorenzo's eyes darted down to Theodore's hands. His eyes widened as realization struck, though his reaction was too slow.

Before the blonde boy could speak another word, Theo's fist had collided with his face. A loud gasp echoed through the crowd and another boy immediately jumped in. Draco didn't hesitate to get involved as Theo continued to struggle with the boy from before. The infiltrator was on the ground with Theo on top. The collar of his jacket was clutched in Theodore's hands as he held him down with his head pressed against the white snow. His opponent yanked his body down with one hand, his other striking Theo straight in the nose. A splatter of blood painted the snow surrounding them red.

Yelps and oh's sounded amongst the group and Blaise let out a gasp. He sprung forwards trying to pull Theo off the ground.

Enzo turned to Mattheo who watched the situation in utter shock. His mouth hung open. "Mattheo," Lorenzo said, shaking the boy's shoulders rapidly, "we need to get out of here before someone sees you."

Mattheo wanted to protest. "But what about Theo?"

Lorenzo shook his head. "He'll be okay, but you on the other hand, won't be if a professor sees you here."