Twenty-Seven

Twenty-Seven

With my head rested against Niall's bare chest, I slightly turned my face into him to place a quick kiss on his skin, turning my head back with my eyes closed and a smile on my face when I felt Niall's fingers comb through my hair.

"Today's going to be the day." I told him. "I can feel it."

"Yeah?" Niall asked with some curiosity. "What makes you feel like that?" His fingers continued their lazy motions through my hair.

I craned my neck so I could look up at him, my tongue wetting my lips. "Because I just do." I said with a chuckle as Niall rolled his eyes at me. My morning was already waking up to a great start, feeling so connected to Niall and just feeling really happy. "All right, I just think that Grace should come home with us already." My reply was lame, not filled with as much excitement that it should have had.

Niall shrugged his shoulders before reaching over to his end table to pick up his phone. "You never know. The doctor's going to run his tests on Grace and get her some x-rays. It'll sure be a busy one at least."

I nodded my head in agreement, dragging my arm the was loosely draped across Niall's waist back, my body rolling away from him a bit so I could sit up. I let out a relaxed sigh. "Just think tonight the three of us can sleep in comfortable beds and we'll be home." I stretched my arms up over my head, looking up to the ceiling of our hotel room, which had a coloured stain on the ceiling. That must have been why I was able to get a room on such notice, because if we weren't desperate for a place close to the hospital we would have looked into this room and decided we were better off somewhere else.

"I definitely wouldn't mind being home in my own bed." Niall said as he pulled the covers away from his body, his briefs covering himself up. He stood up from bed. "We're leaving in 15 minutes so get your arse up."

"Usually, I'm the one who has to get your lazy one to hurry up." I called to him as he walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

"Don't get used to it!" Niall responded before I heard the shower go on.

I sat around for just a couple of minutes before I got myself up and out of bed, my mind generating good and positive thoughts that Grace would pass all her tests so she could be discharged from the hospital today. Selfishly, I thought that four days in the hospital were more than enough. I knew there were ore serious cases in the world where patients were stuck in hospital rooms for longer and four days was probably nothing in comparison.

I dressed myself in the same black jeans that I wore yesterday. They were my most comfortable pair I had. Plus, I wasn't doing much but sitting around in them so they were practically clean to me. Then I put on a long white t-shirt and sat on the bed to my socks and shoes on. All I really had to do was brush my teeth, which I did while Niall finished up in the shower.

We left our hotel room about 10 minutes later than Niall had said. It wasn't my fault at all. I was ready with time to spare so I had watched some TV before Niall came out in just a towel, not bothering to bring his change of clothes in with him to get ready in the bathroom. Then I knew he'd be doing his hair as well. That seemed to take him the longest when he didn't do much to it anyway. As soon as Niall came from the bathroom again he announced that we were leaving.

"We're back!" I said and Grace's face lit up without a smile. I walked over to the bed and greeted her with a kiss on her head and then her cheek.

"Not to spring you from here though." Niall joked as he came in after me.

I had made the same joke in the car that if Grace wasn't going to be allowed back with us that we should rescue her ourselves. Of course, Niall pointed out all the faults in my plan. I sent him a look, like he wasn't allowed to use my material against me when he didn't even like the sound of it.