Fourteen

Fourteen

“Niall,” I kept my voice soft before I leaned over from my side of the bed to get closer to him.

I’ve been awake now for the past half hour, very anxiously. It took my about 20 minutes to gain the courage to even speak Niall’s name to try and get him to wake up.

He was still sleeping and I have no idea how or why he still was. We had both gone to bed extremely nervous and eager for our next day to arrive. This was the day that I could only dream up in my mind.

In just a few hours, Niall and I would be meeting up with Louis and Grace. For lunch before following then back over to Zayn’s office building, where we would have a witnessed pick-up. It’s all for safety and legal reasons that didn't bother us at all. Plus, it actually proved to us that this wasn’t a huge scam or something that endangered children and families.

“Niall, sweetheart.” My voice stayed soft as I drew closer to his ear, placing a small kiss there. As I expected, Niall began to stir in his sleep.

“Mm, not right now, Harry. Too tired.” He responded through a long groan, his eyes still closed.

I shook my head. “No, you can’t be too tired. She’s not even here yet to keep us up or anything.” I chuckled at him once I saw him swallow.

“Then let me sleep.”

I sat myself up and crossed my arms over my chest, lightly shaking my head at Niall again. I hoped that he wasn’t going to be a true grump once he woke up for the day.

My eyes glanced down to Niall as his head turned to the other side, now facing me. His own eyes opened a few seconds later.

“What time is it?” He asked as he brought his hands to rub at his tired eyes.

“Half past eight. I’ve been up a bit before then so you should be happy I’ve let you sleep this long.” I explained to him with a hint of teasing in my voice.

“You let me, huh? Remind me to thank you for that later.” He replied as he pulled our shared duvet over his shoulder. “We don’t have to meet them until eleven.”

“I know that but we have to get ready, make sure everything is set, and then drive there. We’ll be lucky to make it around eleven.: I was ready to get out of bed already.

“You can get ready first and then I’ll get up.” That was Niall’s typical way of responding when he had the chance to be in bed without having to be up for work. When it came to his job, he could get up without me even knowing sometimes.

I let him have his way because it was better if one of us were ready versus neither of us. As soon as I removed the covers from my body, I felt as Niall shifted in our bed to accommodate the warm space I’ve now left for him,

The first thing I did then was grab my clothes: a white vest, a jumper, and a pair of black jeans. I didn’t put as much thought into it this time around. Then I went into our bathroom to wash the sleep from my face, brush my teeth, change into my clothes, and tamed my hair that fluffed out from sleeping on it. By the time I came back out I was surprised to see Niall, at least, sitting up in bed.

“It’s all yours. Thanks for joining the land of the living.” I told him as I walked past the foot of our bed to get back to my side to sit and to pull my socks on over my feet.

“I aim to please.” Niall responded, turning his phone off and setting it onto his end table. He let out another groan as he stretched his arms up over his head and then extended them out. “You look good.” He told me through his yawn.