Eleven

Eleven

It's been nine days. It's been nine entire days since Niall and I had come home the night of the party. It's been nine days since I've begun to notice changes in Niall again. They weren't like before; in the days where we fought about how to start our family. Actually, we don't even fight anymore. I think it's because I try my best not to bring up that I think Niall is being different lately.

During the weekend, Niall wasn't working since his project was going into its next phase: promotion. That meant that all the work that his group had done would be shown to the potential clients. There was nothing any of them could do outside of the office. I was a little glad about that because that might give Niall a chance to breathe for a bit and give him time to think of other things as well.

The other thing that was maybe the problem could be involving Grace. If that was it then maybe I should have asked Niall about it. If he was feeling uncertain about her then, as much as it pains for me to admit, then we shouldn't have replied to that email saying we were interested. I know that Niall has told me that he's okay and just scared. maybe just telling me that so I wouldn't be on him about it all the time was his way of getting me to stop pressing at his feelings.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm the one who is just scared, which is being masked by all my buzz and excitement. 

It's a Sunday afternoon now. I was currently in the kitchen making tea for Niall and I, waiting for the water to boil up in the kettle my mum had bought for us when I moved into a brand new house with Niall.  She told me that a house didn't feel like a home without one. My mum was all about that close-knit feeling of family. She has always been that sort of woman.

I think I would call her up if we received the news that we were going to be having Grace. I don't know if she'd come by to help us out. We might want to try all this out on our own. Plus, Grace wasn't ours forever; so would there even be a point to introduce her to my mum? It was just going to be another person Grace had to get used to being around. That could be too stressful and I certainly didn't want to create that atmosphere during this entire process. I didn't want to make my mum a temporary grandmother either.

I had a few things to focus on with work, especially tomorrow since I would be meeting with my boss in the morning to discuss my partial departure. I was so relieved that he had been so fine with it and he wasn't just doing it so it didn't look like he was discriminating against gays in the workplace. I didn't think my boss was even that kind of man. Niall and I didn't even know if we would be getting her yet so I would probably be let back in like this meeting tomorrow never happened. 

I know I need to think about those kinds of things. That's what Niall would probably tell me to do. What happened if we didn't get chosen? Of course, I'd feel heartbroken at first but then I just have to move on and get back to my life. Niall would continue working as well. Then, knowing my persistence, I'd try to get a family all over again somehow. I was never going to stop trying when it came to having a family with Niall. 

As per usual I went onto our computer and logged onto my email. This time I was strictly just going to sign into my work account to see if there were any last minute things I just had to do before my time away from working. I had about twelve emails to answer, which I would do once my tea was ready. I think it would relax me and keep me from not getting tired with all these emails I had to type out; some of them would probably be rather lengthy. 

Just before heading back into the kitchen to see if teatime was ready to be had, I decided to check my home email address to see if my mum or any other relatives had sent me any emails. 

You have (2) Unread Messages.

Louis Tomlinson: Saving Grace-Final...