Twelve

Twelve

I didn't know how many times I went over the list I wrote a few days prior to this morning. Even though I knew that we had everything we needed for our meeting with Grace, I continued to go over it. I just  wanted this day to go perfectly but I could on control it from our side. Well, it was only from my side really.

Obviously, I had zero input on the way Grace was going to be towards us. I wasn't really putting much focus on that aspect of the official meeting as much as I was with my ways with Niall. I've learned by now that I shouldn't ever try to model Niall into the perfect person; not only because that annoys Niall and then we fight about it, but also because I never thought I would become the type of person who would try and change the person that I loved dearly. All of the sudden, when I became ill with "baby fever", I've been the one who has changed.

I thought keeping quiet to Niall over the topic of a family was the answer to our problem with it. Maybe I was the real problem all along, So, over the past few days, I've really tried not to be too picky or obsessive over Niall. I had to just let him be himself himself and I hoped that worked because I didn't want to go back to being that person from our interview. Niall had every right to voice his opinions and concerns. My nerves about making the right first impression just turned me into someone shameful. I was not that type of person at all. I was not ashamed of who I was  at all and I wasn't ashamed of Niall either. 

Today is the day. That moment is finally here. We get to see and meet Grace Tomlinson for the first time. As nervous as I was that weren't going to have that bonding chemistry with her, I think the better word to describe how I felt was anxious. We've been waiting an awful long time to even get up to this point. This point could easily have never been possible for us. If we weren't chosen for Grace, I think we would still be a bit sad on this day; me showing it more than Niall.

I couldn't be thinking like that though. Instead of that, we're now getting ready for the car journey over to "A Heart to Hold"'s foundation building. Niall wanted to call and pay for a car to drive us there and back like we did the last time but, I told him that we could manage it by ourselves. Plus, it was going to be easier to talk to Niall about this without some stranger being around us as well. Sure, they seem like they aren't paying attention or aren't bothered by chatting but, I sometimes thought that drivers were pretending not to listen. 

"We're going to have to buy a car seat, you know." I told Niall as I picked up the bag that we were taking along with us, placing the handles on my wrist.

Niall nodded to me as he filled the pockets of his coat with his phone and wallet. "I know that. It will probably be on the top of the list we'll be getting from Zayn and Louis." He mentioned to me before he scratched his head. "I sort of wished we could have ourselves a baby shower but I know the organisation is letting us write everything off in expenses and we'll probably have a shower when it's our actual baby anyway."

When he walked around me to grab something off of the table, I couldn't help but smile at his last few words. Knowing how I was, and the excitement over a baby from both our mums, we'd have quiet the baby shower.

 "Yeah, you're right," was all I said in response because that part of our future wasn't what we needed ot be focusing on right now. "You all set to go?"

"Yeah, babe, but maybe I should be the one asking you that." He lightly chuckled as he pointed over to the bag hanging on my wrist. "I thought we were through with that just before we went to bed last night?"

I nodded at him. Last night I decided to finally let myself put the bag for Grace together just to make sure we were really prepared for this meeting. I knew that we were because I packed it all up with Niall and then made him read the list aloud to me once as I unpacked it. Then he read it to me again once I packed it all up again. That's why he was chuckling at me.