FRI 26 SEPT 2003

felixs pov; 

the past two weeks have been insanely busy, me and jisung celebrated our twentieth birthdays, we spent his in his room smoking and watching movies then mine was spent having a little picnic, like old times.

the day after my birthday the first and only missing persons body was discovered, jeongin was found. her body was completely beaten and broken, with jeongin's body and death confirmed the funeral went on.

the day of the funeral happened a month after the disappearance, twenty first of september. the funeral itself was awful, considering i had to pick the playlist. me and jisung being the only two that know english, the english songs hurt more. the only person who came to talk to us was jeongin's father, he was very sweet about it.

today was a long day at uni, my feet barely lift from the leaf painted ground. the weather has been slightly nicer than usual, my head uncomfortably warm but not enough to take off my hat. my music hasn't been as loud recently, ive been feeling worse.

the paranoia from seeing that shadow along with jeongins body being found ive been so much more concerned with my surroundings, but today im kind of sleepy. while walking i keep my eyes down, not noticing when walking into a person. "oh, sorry" i look up and it's the regular from the café.

"ah no its fine" she smiles, something so ominous with it. i get my balance back and get ready to continue my walk home, until the woman speaks up. "oh felix, would you like to go grab a drink with me ?"

i hesitate, as attractive minho is im not sure i could easily say yes when jeongin hasn't been gone that long. but then when will i get a chance like this to start moving on, i don't want to be mourning her death when im in my thirties. "sure"

i take my earphones out and put them in my messenger bag, turn to see minho smiling at me. she starts walking in a direction i rarely walk to, she decides to start talking. "i like your hat, where did you get it"

"oh" i accident let out, i play with the sleeve of jeongins knit jumper, the black fabric distracting me from my thoughts. "i can't remember where i got it but i got it for me and my..." i pause, what do i call jeongin. "my ex girlfriend's first date, she said it suited me and i never really left the house without it"

"huh" minho's face turns to disgust then almost instantly back to the creepy smile. "i guess the jumper is her's too" i get flustered at the correct observation.

"yeah, and the shoes" this is embarrassing, if im not reading this wrong im on a casual date and i keep accidentally bringing up my dead girlfriend. "the skirt is mine" i glance at my outfit. a black maxi velvet skirt, jeongins new rocks, jeongins black and red knit jumper and my school bag.

finally being so close to minho im able to look at things i wouldn't have noticed from behind a counter. she has quite long brown, almost black hair. her lips seem naturally pink, and soft. "felix no" i mumble to myself.

"hmm ?" she asks, my cheeks heat up at the realisation she heard my little self scolding. her eyebrow raised and her lips in a lazy smirk. i turn away from her, our walking stays at the slow pace it was.

we get to a milkshake place, there seems to be barely anyone in there. "felix want to get us a seat, i'll go get us our drinks" i nod, looking at the menu. she notices me looking at the menu, "i'll suprise you"

i get us a table by the window, the comfortable seats opposite eachover. i put my school bag by the chair on the floor, taking my hat off and putting it on my lap. i turn to the counter, noticing minho walking over with two glasses with colourful straws. "didn't know what you liked so we can share both"

the places the two drinks on the table before sitting down opposite me. i kinda wish i didn't pick this seat, i have to make eye contact. "which ones did you get ?" i question, a little unsure with the colours.

"oh this one is birthday cake, i don't know what that means but it sounded good" she points at the one with what seems to be sprinkles and a red straw then to the other glass. "this is brownie i think" she stirs the pink straw around, chunks of brownie at the bottom.

i decide to take the brownie one, birthday cake being too suspicious. i take a sip of my drink and pause, the drink itself is amazing. minho must've noticed by the way she's smiling. "want to try mine " she pushes the glass towards me, i take a sip. its good but way too sugary.

i look up and notice she's trying mine too. the time spent at in the milkshake place is comforting, the first time in what feels like months i don't feel watched. me and minhos conversations seems to be fine and not forced.

there's still a slight guilt that this is way too soon but i haven't felt this normal since the disappearance. "you okay felix ?" i look up from where i was picking at the chunks of brownie, minho looking slightly concerned, her empty glass by the edge of the table and her arms resting on the table in front of her.

"oh yeah, im fine" i push myself to smile, i take the last bite of what was a brownie. "i probably should go now, it's getting late and i want to be home before it gets dark" i stand up and put my hat on, following with my messenger bag.

"let me walk you home then" she smiles again, as pretty as it is it always makes me a little on edge. i hesitate but nod, she takes lead and walks us out of the milkshake place, the sun completely covered in cloud and the dim streets feeling like moments away from the street lamps from lighting.

we get to walking, for some reason it feels like minho is taking the lead again, as if she knows where i live. i shake away that though and keep walking. minho is talking about something, i feel bad for not listening so i turn back to her.

"i live down this road, you can go now" i wince at how harsh that might have sounded, minho doesn't seem fazed by it, just checking the road for what i guess to be danger. we are by the alley way i saw the silhouette two weeks ago.

"before i go, can i get your number" i nod and hand her my samsung flip phone. she pulls out what i guess to be a blackberry out. my phone charm hanging off mine compared to her plain phone.

i thank her and start walking home, i notice she leaves through the creepy alley. i take my ipod out and listen to the caterpillar by the cure, the song getting me home. i get in and straight into my room, collapsing on my bed.

just as i go to close my curtains i receive a text from minho.

-
everyone important has been introduced now :3! how does everyone feel about this so far, its a little different from my normal stuff?