MON 6 OCT 2003

felix's pov;

i sit at my desk, since me and minho went on that one casual date we have been going out every friday after class. since we've been texting and seeing eachover quite often it's been making life a little better.

i still feel guilty for seeing someone so soon with jeongin and the guilt doubles whenever i think of jeongin whenever im with minho. i bring my attention back to my mirror to finish doing my hair and makeup.

to finish the basic look with my shortish blonde hair into pigtails. i get up and put my hat on, smoothing out my simple polo shirt with the café name on. i put jeongin's new rocks on, i've been wearing them nearly everyday since getting them.

i put my earphones in and play the smiths, leaving for work. the weather has been bright recently, the leafs crunchy under my shoes. i hum to myself smiling as i walk down to the café, recently i haven't been feeling so watched.

as i walk to work i take a cigarette out, unlike the past month this isn't to smoke away the pain but more to motivate me to get through the work day along with fueling my nicotine addiction.

before i get to the door i throw the butt of the cigarette in the bin. i enter the small shop changbin humming to the radio as i open the door. "hey bin" i greet my coworker, walking into the back room to put my hat and jacket away and putting my apron on.

"you seem happy, what's up lix ?" i turn to him, helping his stock the pastries. the radio quietly playing in the background.

"nothing much, been feeling better" we have a mini catch up, he tells me about a velvet track suit he decided to buy. ive missed feeling so normal. "oh changbin before i forget, my best friend is gonna come by today during my shift to do some studying so sorry if i forget to talk to you"

i inform him as a prepare the coffee machine for customers. we get our rush hour at eight to nine, both of us way too busy to make conversation. we have a perfect system, changbin taking orders while i prepare them. the radio barely loud enough to hear under all talking.

luckily people slowly leave to make us to stop stressing, the music finally able to be heard again. it gets to about mid day and changbin leaves for his lunch break, keeping me alone. i go to the back and get my bag, pulling my ipod out to listen to music along with my course work.

i drag a chair and sit behind the counter, working on whatever i forgot to do in class on friday. i keep one earphone in and the other out incase a customer comes in. luckily for me only one or two people come in for take out during this time.

the bell rings and i assume it's changbin back early from his lunch but when i look up i see jisung walk in, his beat up skateboard dragging above the floor. "heyyyyyyy lix" i roll my eyes and greet him back, quickly going in the back putting my things away.

walking back into the main room i notice jisung sitting on the collection table. before anything else is said he demands i spill. "about the girl i told you about last night ?" he nods, excitement present on his face. "well, she's a regular here but i never really spoke to her but on friday like two weeks ago we bumped into eachover"

"oooooo" jisung kicks his legs like a child, his body turned to me, a smile on his lips. i pass him a iced coffee i made for him, it silences him.

"but we got milkshakes" i lean against the counter with all the machinery. "we also call and text, she's really nice" i pick at the skin around my long nails. "everytime i get comfortable around her i start thinking about jeongin, i feel guilty"

"she disappeared nearly two months ago, her body was found and the funeral happened, you can't cry about her forever" jisung puts his half drunk coffee down. "she wouldn't want you to be miserable forever, maybe getting back in to dating now is better for you"

i hum in agreement, "whenever she messages me i get so happy, and whenever we talk my face hurts from smiling" i kick at the floor. "im so embarrassed it's happened so soon"

the bell rings and this time changbin walks in. we wave at him as he escapes to the back to grab his apron. me and jisung decide to talk about other things, not that we care that changbins here we just have alot to say to eachover.

the shift goes by quite quickly, me and jisung spending my lunch break doing some course work, both of our classes having assignments due soon. it gets to about four and changbin leaves, i put my university work away and start focusing on my job again. "your new girl should be coming soon"

jisung has decided to bring a chair and sit behind the counter to keep me company, i rest my elbows on the cash register. "she's late today" i say as i pout at the clock, the radio still playing in the background.

i sigh and start cleaning behind the counter, making sure everything is ready to close at five. jisung even being kind enough to sweep the main floor, he's been taking free pastries all day so it's only fair.

we hear the door's bell ring, i turn my attention to the new customer. feeling myself smile as i notice it's minho. she walks straight to the counter, ignoring jisungs judgemental glances. "hey lix, the fun fair's in town, was thinking we go there for our weekly date"

"yeah sure, text me the details on thursday" she nods, eyes fall on jisung for a moment. "you not staying for your drink ?" she shakes her head and leaves. i watch as she walks off, she is so mysterious.

"that's her ?" jisung asks, his eyes fixed on the door, i nod in response. "she's hot, i get why you are going with it" i push him away after that comment, he playful fights back with the broom. i glance at the clock, five to five, i decide its time to go.

i go into the back and put my hat and jacket on, putting my bag on. i leave the back and notice jisung by the front door trying to hit the bell with his skateboard. "sung stop being weird" he jumps at getting caught being odd. we get outside and lock up.

we start walking towards the park by our houses, there is not many cars out or people. the street lights keep our path lit, i turn my attention back to jisung. "ive been going to rap events and battles, i think ive really improved my freestyle" i happily let jisung talk about his interests, he has always loved rap.

"next time you preform tell me, i want to be there for you" that sentence gives him my fuel to speak of his interests, we get to the park. the lights here barely working which adds to the creepy feel of the rusted equitment. "sung i gotta head home, make sure to text when you're home"

"yeah, you too lix" we have a small hug and go our separate ways, i put my earphones back in as i turn to see my best friend skating away. i put deftones on and speed walk towards my house. getting to the alley i glance down it, nothing but a flickering street light.

i get home and go straight to my room. after taking my shoes and bag off i fall onto my bed, hugging my pillow as i think about what to wear on me and minho's fun fair date. "she called them dates" i hide my smile in the pillow.
-

minho is sooo mysterious [-: also ahh i love october (its oct 4 as i go through these to be ready to publish)